Unlimited access >

Saying goodbye never gets easier

My heart goes out to all of you that have recently lost a beloved pet.

I had my old girly put to rest this week & even though I KNEW it was coming & for the best, it still sucks.
She lived a long & very full life, filled with many adventures.
I am lucky enough to be able to watch her line still continue on.
Between myself & a couple clubs members, we have 2 sons, 1daughter, 2 grandpups & 4 great grandpups of hers.

RIP sweet girl :heart_decoration:
SG Champi Apanta rei ZVV1, IPO3, FPr3, FH2, IPO-FH Kkl2
6/01/2007–8/23/2021

19 Likes

You are never fully prepared for the hole left behind in your heart, that is for darn sure.

What a lovely girl. I am sorry for your loss.

2 Likes

She was a beauty and yes a long life. She looks a lot like my deceased rescue, Tasha, who I was told by people she appeared to be from a kennel who raised dogs for police training.
Tasha also live a long, adventurous life, til she was 16 and DM got her.
They will always leave a special place in your heart.
I’m glad you have some of her relatives still around.
Remember the good times.

2 Likes

I am sorry for your loss. She was lovely.

1 Like

Rest easy beautiful girl. So very sorry for your loss.

1 Like

I’m so sorry. Hugs and jingles to you. What a beautiful girl.

1 Like

What a gorgeous dog. So sorry for your loss.

1 Like

No, it sure doesn’t get easier. It’s hard to lose family and even though they’re fur covered, they’re family.

Your girl was gorgeous!

I’m sorry for your loss. Hugs and jingles!

2 Likes

She was gorgeous. I love the ears and the very serious expression she has. I am so sorry for your loss. It never gets easier. (((hugs)))

1 Like

I’m so sorry about your beautiful girl. In that picture, you can see that she was very loved and very happy. I hope you are reminded of her by her offspring and I hope this will bring you comfort. :heart:

3 Likes

I’m sorry. The picture is beautiful.

2 Likes

So sorry for your loss. As everyone noted, what a beautiful girl she was. Holding you in my thoughts and prayers. :heart:

Thank you all. Your condolences are much appreciated.
We all, as owners/lovers of horses/dogs/cats/other pets, face this reality at some point. Often times it will come around more than a few times in our lifetimes.
It doesn’t ever get easier, but it does help ease the pain when our beloved pet’s passing is a peaceful one.
So thankful for the many memories I have.

My DH is not really an animal person, but he tolerates all the mess & chaos they bring, because our daughter & I are :heart:
Since he works out of town most weeks, he wasn’t here during Cammi’s passing.
I got a package in the mail today. Opened it up to once again be reminded that he is one of the good ones & a keeper.
His gift to me….

5 Likes

What a thoughtful, wonderful man you have. You’re a very lucky girl with your husband, daughter and animals. I know they’re bringing you comfort during your loss. :kissing_heart:

I’m so sorry, it never does get easier nor should it. She was gorgeous and I’m glad your husband recognizes her significance in your family. We have a GSD and I know what a place they have in your life.