Unlimited access >

Scammer aiming at Thoroughbred horse owners/breeders

I made a warning about this person back in Jan. “Scam warning - Jan. 12, 2016, 08:00 PM” Can’t seem to link to it!!

I filed a complaint with the USA dept. of Internet Fraud with no response. I did post a disclaimer on our FB page (JB Sporthorses - Ok.) … the woman was advertising OUR stallion Challenged at stud and shares for sale after 6 months of daily phone calls …the check is coming…sent the contract, etc. A "Google search of BFF Stallion Station is directing victims to our post. Our horse was sold to a different buyer, but this woman continues to hound me and in the past two weeks I have been contacted by seven other victims of her craziness!!

These are TB stallion owners, mare owners and one of the latest is the “Non-horsey” heir of a TB breeder who died suddenly leaving this poor woman with 5 broodmares, four new foals and two yearlings to dispose of. The scammer claims she is buying/taking them for her new “Therapeutic Riding Program”!! She lives in a nursing home in Maryland…has no money and no farm!!

Scammer goes by Cynthia Hernholm, Clarice Hernholm, BFF Stallion Station and “The Challenged Syndicate”. (“Challenged” was our stallion.)

Please spread this info to TB rescues and TB people who have horses for sale. This woman gets people to draw new coggins, secure shipping arrangements and health papers…for horses who will never be bought!! Wasted money and time consuming BS and probably other missed sale opportunities.

It’s not like horse people have too much spare time on their hands to deal with a crazy like this!!!

News…just last night I got a call from a woman who Ms. Hernholm is trying to buy a TB mare from. She was told that the mare would be bred to “Challenged”…the TB stallion she DID NOT BUY!! She doesn’t even know who bought him or where he is, but is claiming to have him in her possession!! Says the foals will be suitable for show or race!! Interesting!! Wonder what meds she’s taking!!!

If she’s in a nursing home, can no one contact them? I don’t know how much freedom they have for the internet/phone calls in a home, but I would think someone there would have an eye on her daily and notice all this going on?

[QUOTE=RxCate;8630123]
If she’s in a nursing home, can no one contact them? I don’t know how much freedom they have for the internet/phone calls in a home, but I would think someone there would have an eye on her daily and notice all this going on?[/QUOTE]

I have spoken to the director of the nursing home MANY times and directed other victims to her. We spoke just yesterday!! Her telephone operator/receptionist had told her they were being slammed with calls to and about the scammer. Apparently what she is doing may be “despicable”…but not illegal!! She is using the nursing home internet and phones, but they “say” they can’t stop her!! She has been printing “sale contracts” one the N Home printer which makes a copy for the N Home…so now she has bought her OWN printer!! I’m hoping the network of horse breeders will spread the word and save others from her BS!! She racked up “board bills” on many horses she was NEVER going to pay for!!! I wonder what would happen if she got paid for shares or breedings on the stallions she doesn’t own!!! She seems to only target TB’s!!

name nursing home in criminal complaint?

[QUOTE=crosscreeksh;8630261]
I have spoken to the director of the nursing home MANY times and directed other victims to her. We spoke just yesterday!! Her telephone operator/receptionist had told her they were being slammed with calls to and about the scammer. Apparently what she is doing may be “despicable”…but not illegal!! She is using the nursing home internet and phones, but they “say” they can’t stop her!! She has been printing “sale contracts” one the N Home printer which makes a copy for the N Home…so now she has bought her OWN printer!! I’m hoping the network of horse breeders will spread the word and save others from her BS!! She racked up “board bills” on many horses she was NEVER going to pay for!!! I wonder what would happen if she got paid for shares or breedings on the stallions she doesn’t own!!! She seems to only target TB’s!![/QUOTE]

sounds like someone needs to threaten to name nursing home in civil suit or criminal complaint

This person has been spinning tales for a looooong time and seems to live in fantasy world. She was on this board many years ago as vanheimrhorses… some of those threads many be additionally enlightening…

vanheimrhorses

ohhh my… I remember those :eek:

Yeah, this name is a real blast from the past. She’s been a mess for a loooong time. A couple years ago I almost contacted her about boarding (she was advertising on CL) but fortunately did a little legwork first and realized who it was.

[QUOTE=furlong47;8630286]
This person has been spinning tales for a looooong time and seems to live in fantasy world. She was on this board many years ago as vanheimrhorses… some of those threads many be additionally enlightening…[/QUOTE]

REALLY ??? I never came across THAT info!! (And I DID Google her!!) Good to know…FWIW!!! She seems “unstoppable” and VERY annoying!!

I’ll tell the “victims”!! We all thought this was a new scam!!! Geez…like the horse business isn’t time consuming enough!! Full Time Crazies are out to get us!!

[QUOTE=crosscreeksh;8630505]
I’ll tell the “victims”!! We all thought this was a new scam!!! Geez…like the horse business isn’t time consuming enough!! Full Time Crazies are out to get us!![/QUOTE]

Honestly I really believe this may be a legit case of crazy, rather than intentional malfeasance. If she is in a home or any kind of assisted living, I wonder if there’s a legal way to limit her activities for her own protection.

[QUOTE=caffeinated;8630513]
I wonder if there’s a legal way to limit her activities for her own protection.[/QUOTE]
Or the protection of everyone else.

It seems strange that the nursing home will not do anything to help.

When I first spoke to the NH director, my comment was…“So she’s just a bored old lady who is a bit “off”, with too much spare time.” The director said NO…she is sharp in the head…knows EXACTLY what she is doing!! She is on Medicaide at the home and has NO money despite claiming…repeatedly…that she is "coming into a big inheritance!! Director says NO inheritance and every penny she “might” get will go to Medicaide to pay off her bills!! This is just one PITA scammer…of people’s time…apparently not going so far to involve big money. But she did stick a trainer with 2+ months of board (at $35/day) in Ky when she failed to buy/pay/get a horse he stopped charging the owner for!! And another one she said she was paying board on that went on for 12 months…and she is holding that horse’s JC papers!! This is a BAD person!! We only delayed a real buyer for 2 weeks…didn’t kill the sale and the two year old daughter of Challenged…that she claimed to have entered at the Middleburg Horse show in 2016, is still standing on our farm!! Thank goodness!! It was the Stallion Ads and Share offers that ticked me off!! What if people HAD paid???

Just a FYI (and maybe it is my lack of good search skills, that would not surprise me), I am unable to find your other thread you mention in your original post.

I searched of Scam Warning using advanced search.

Do you have enough evidence to file and name the home in a suit along with her? You wouldn’t get any money, but maybe it would make the home crack down and repeal any internet access or phone access or alert any family she may have?

[QUOTE=RxCate;8630576]
Do you have enough evidence to file and name the home in a suit along with her? You wouldn’t get any money, but maybe it would make the home crack down and repeal any internet access or phone access or alert any family she may have?[/QUOTE]

I have no beef with the NH!! The director has been very forthcoming and pleasant. I don’t know if there is a law against being a PITA!! If you PM me I will provide all the info I have…names, numbers.

[QUOTE=trubandloki;8630571]
Just a FYI (and maybe it is my lack of good search skills, that would not surprise me), I am unable to find your other thread you mention in your original post.

I searched of Scam Warning using advanced search.[/QUOTE]

I can’t seem to copy and paste the post. Search MY post history for a post about a scammer on Jan. 12, 2016, 08:00 PM

[QUOTE=trubandloki;8630571]

I searched of Scam Warning using advanced search.[/QUOTE]

http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/showthread.php?483688-Public-notice-of-fraudulent-buyer-behavior

[QUOTE=Nootka;8630611]
http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/showthread.php?483688-Public-notice-of-fraudulent-buyer-behavior[/QUOTE]
Thank you. I could not find it because I was searching for what the OP said the title was, not what the title actually was.