Unlimited access >

Schleese - Quartet vs ProLight

For those who have both, how do you feel they differ? I know according to their website how they differ, but real world feel? Assuming same deep seat (not the push seat like the Let’s Dance). Does the extra cushion add bulk in the Quartet or is it just a softer feel?

I just have a comment about the ProLite panels. I ordered an Obrigado for my new guy. I have ridden in them for years with another horse, but this one had the new prolite panels.
Soon, I developed a terrible pain in my actual hip joint. I had no idea what it was, but at a “generous” age, I figured it was just age related.
Until I rode in another saddle and realized it was the saddle.
Looking at the saddle from above, I could see that it was wider “below” the twist, right at the very top of the panel. It’s the “prolite” feature. It was actually pushing my femur sideways out of its socket. (Fortunately not completely!!)
Pain went away when I stopped riding in the saddle.
I later ordered an “original” obrigado and I ride in it daily.
A good friend had the same issue with her new prolite panel saddle.
YMMV.

It’s interesting how we all have different experiences. I tried an Obrigado and my mare hated it. I tried a Prolight that had wider panels for a wider horse and knew right away my hips would not be happy. I wonder if this is what you had?

I bought a regular Prolight mono flap and have had it a year. Happy hips, happy horse. The one thing I don’t like is how hard the seat is. I don’t recall the other saddles I tried being so hard. I’ve since bought a Prolight dual flap with the extra soft seat and am much happier. The twist feels a little wider which I prefer as my thighs now rest on the side if the saddle. That could be the difference of the dual vs mono though.

I’m curious if it’s the same seat as the quartet because the seat fits differently, hence my question. I’m wondering if it’s the quartet seat on a prolight saddle, which are essentially are the same, but with more padding. Mine shouldn’t have more, just softer, but it seems to have both and fit differently. My fitter doesn’t come for a couple more weeks.

I ride in ProLights, Quartets and a couple Let’s Dance saddles.
Basically, the ProLight has an open seat, ( lots of room behind your butt) and the Quartet has a “push seat”, more foam at the cantle end of the seat to keep you close to the front of the saddle. The Quartet is great to help stay with a big trot.
I’m most comfortable in a 17 inch ProLight and a 17.5 inch Quartet.

1 Like

I think they put a quartet seat in my prolight instead of just the extra soft seat. I don’t really like it, but I love everything else.