Unlimited access >

SE Rehab facilities with swimming?

Looking for suggestions for a quality rehab facility for a sporthorse that offers swimming and a treadmill, and need to stay in the Southeast. I have one on stall rest and hand walking who is not coping well and needs an environment that is better equipped for it. Suggestions and recent experiences appreciated!

I know that there’s at least one in Ocala. Don’t know the name, though.

1 Like

Thanks, EPIC is the one I’m familiar with in Ocala and I have spoken to them.

There’s this one in Tryon, NC

1 Like

Investigate Performax Vet Services at the Jaeckle Center in Thompson Station, TN

1 Like

White Lilac LLC, located in Ocala, FL - it is a racehorse training and rehab center but Katie is very familiar with H/J care and rehab also (a former BigEq/NCAA competitor). There are also facilities for small/med/large turnout areas when that is part of your horses rehab.

1 Like

https://www.phdveterinaryservices.com/clinic Dr Porter is a very good sports med vet, and recently opened a clinic. Has an Aqua Pacer, and an extended lay up/rehab program. Located somewhat north of Ocala, in Alachua.

1 Like

Thank you! I ended up sending her to Kesmarc in Kentucky. So far so good! But I’m making note of all the options, though I really really hope not to need one again lol!

Thank you! I ended up sending her to Kesmarc in Kentucky. So far so good! But I’m making note of all the options, though I really really hope not to need one again lol!

For your furture reference, Margaux Farm in Midway, KY has an AquaTred. About 15 minutes away from Kesmarc. Hopefully you won’t ever need it again!

Ironically I have friends in Kentucky who checked with Margaux for me and they were full at that point and recommended sending my horse to Kesmarc (which has been terrific). But I really really really hope to never need this again :joy:

2 Likes