Unlimited access >

Search by sire?

This feels like a bit of a silly question but not sure where else to ask! Is there an easy way to view all of a sire’s progeny? I’m wanting to learn a bit more about an ottb I owned a while back, his past is blurry and I’m just curious to know more. All I know is that he’s by Ide, born around 2004? 2005?, chestnut, and a gelding (might say H on pedigree.) Not much help on the info other than his sire. I can trace him off the track back to 2017 but not sure what he was up to before that. That was a long winded explanation for no real reason, just wanting to know about the sire thing! I couldn’t find much myself but I’m definitely not the best person to ask, I’m literally not hip on a single thing in the track industry. TIA!

Like this?

https://www.allbreedpedigree.com/index.php?h=ide&g=5&query_type=progeny&search_bar=progeny&done=y&inbred=Standard&x2=n&username=&password=&x=0&y=0

Note that Pedigree Query and All Breed Pedigree are not official databases, so while you can do a progeny search there it may not include all of his offspring.

If you’re trying to identify the horse, the easiest way is via his tattoo, but sounds like you don’t have him anymore? Did you ever take a photo of it or do you know who has him now that maybe they could?

1 Like

Yeah he’s been sold for about 4 years, I do have his tattoo but it’s not one of the good ones lol. I could only ever make out --92- for sure. Is there a way to search just that? Edit- maybe not search but find it to use as confirmation

You can buy a sires progeny report from equineline. All breed and pedigree query won’t be at all complete unless someone has gone through and entered every horse, which is not terribly common.

https://www.equineline.com/prodsamp.cfm

You can do #33, Sire’s Crop Analysis, which is $18

Or if you know the year, you can do #32, Sire’s Crop Analysis by Year, for $8.

3 Likes

Did he have any white markings? (If you have a photo of them that you can post, that would be best.) I can run some partial tattoo searches based on that info and year of foaling. If one comes up that matches and has Ide as a sire, that would be a pretty good bet.

Yes, with a potential year of birth, the sire, and partial tattoo, I feel like you have a pretty good shot at tracing him via tattoo search if you know the markings.

Everything about thoroughbreds who raced is more or less public information.