Unlimited access >

Searching for a Bereiter position in Germany

I would be up for this in regards to ChristinaClaraLuisa. Thank you

Again, thank you for the links. I used all of them and contacted but have not heard back from a couple of the trainers that were posted in the links. I can not figure how to comment on each post individually?

this - “I do not think it’s as highly respected as the three year pferdwirt. Or the almost seven year pferdwirtschaft-meister. I think with the classes one would be considered an “amateur trainer” in Germany.”

Is correct. This is the Trainer A, Trainer B etc licenses. This licenses you to teach AA riders. It is not a “professional rider” certificate (aka bereiter/aka pferdewirt) or the masters license of professional riders and thus able to take apprentices (pferdewirtschafstmeister or reitlehrer).

this - “I do not think it’s as highly respected as the three year pferdwirt. Or the almost seven year pferdwirtschaft-meister. I think with the classes one would be considered an “amateur trainer” in Germany.”

Is correct. This is the Trainer A, Trainer B etc licenses. This licenses you to teach AA riders or kids at the local riding schools. It is not a “professional rider” certificate (aka bereiter/aka pferdewirt) or the masters license of professional riders and thus able to take apprentices (pferdewirtschafstmeister or reitlehrer).

The riding school in Hoya offers a variety of classes to prepare for the Trainer A/B testings. Only in German - but here is the link

http://www.landesreitschule-hoya.de/

Unless something has changed I think it is difficult to get an apprenticeship position in Germany unless you have connections, and you definitely need a proper work visa. When I went, I got the 3 month Visa while living in Canada, and got the extension to 1 year once I was in Germany fairly quickly because I had a large breeding farm sponsoring me for employment.

You will need to jump to pass the bereiter or whatever it is called now.

Is Alex Wortmann still in Victoria? That is who got me a position in Germany. Is Amber Wilson still on the island? Alex got her set up in Germany and she completed the Bereiter, so probably still has contacts there.

Also, there is Lisette Derooy in Victoria, who has connections in Holland I think.

Being in Victoria you are close to so many good trainers who might be able to connect you with employment in Europe (Leslie Reid in Vancouver is another one), why don’t you start with them?

I think it will help you be more successful if you can build some North American connections first that can get you “in” in Europe. Unless you can afford to pay for the opportunity.