Unlimited access >

Secret Santa 2020 - Cuz we have to!!!! -- Entries Due October 30th

To all elves dealing with family/friend losses at the moment: please take care of yourselves and families first. We understand. The spirit of Christmas is giving and you have had something taken away. We will be just fine if gifts are late and we send all the love, jingles and prayers we can to help you through this difficult time. :heart::heart::heart:

5 Likes

Amen!!

1 Like

Thank you. Fortunately, I got my gifted present off early.

ElfMagic, you are the best! We had a gigantic Northeaster here this week, so I’ll be watching with excitement for the package. I know what you mean about the post office - I met a bunch of very nice people as we were waiting in line, out into the street!
HorsesInHaiti, I am so sorry about the loss of your Mom. I lost my Dad and Mr. Chai not too long ago - it’s very tough at this time of the year. Sending appropriately social-distanced hugs to you.

I got a wonderful package from my elf this week!!
I wanted to share some pictures of Cleatus our mammoth Donkey enjoying some fancy treats we got!!

20201219_082451|375x500

3 Likes

Yep, we got the sleet version of the storm here, so I figured it might be delayed. I will look to see if I still have the receipt to keep an eye on the tracking just in case. Hope it gets there soon!

Anyone else still waiting for their SS package? Starting to feel like I’ve been left out😪

Keep in mind the state of shipping at the moment. I already have mine but have been anxiously tracking a few I sent, both to my SS and to a friend. For instance, the gift to the friend, which is handmade, was mailed priority last Wednesday. As of yesterday, it has traveled 150 miles, turned right, and is “arriving late.” It does seem to be heading in the correct direction, just slowly.

My SS is aware that packages are coming. It would be nice of people playing the tracking game to at least send an email and a promise.

I’m hoping my person has received her gift. I sent it priority mail last week - very excited to see if she likes it. I think the Northeaster set things back a few days.

I haven’t received my gift yet, but I know that the USPS and other carriers are completely overwhelmed. I won’t start to get concerned until February. :joy: As I mentioned upthread, I didn’t mail mine until last week, so it’s possible my giftee won’t receive her package quite on time (even though I sent it priority).

I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas!

Echoing those who are saying not to start worrying at this point. I sent my SS gift 8 days ago via priority mail (which should have taken 2 days) and the last information that I have is that it somehow arrived at the destination’s regional facility on December 17th before it left my regional facility on December 18th :face_with_monocle: The mail is all sorts of messed up right now!

Dearest @applelover,

** Merry Christmas to you!
We have news that is new!
Your gifts they are due
Tomorrow to you!

Love from the land of snow,

Your Elf!

2 Likes

Oooh, thank you, Elf! I’ll let you know when it arrives :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Hello! I am someone’s elf and their gift has been on its way! Things I ordered late November have not yet arrived but I hope my gifted package gets to her faster than that! I have not opened mine yet! It is under the tree! I will open it Christmas Eve!! Thanks to my elf!!

HorsesInHaiti, I hope you received your gift. I sent it priority mail last week and you should have received it days ago! Please pm me to let me know and if it’s not there, I’ll track it. Merry Christmas!!

This evening the sleigh arrived with a beautifully wrapped package inside a nice, tidy box from my Secret Santa, shopper extraordinaire, @SharonA!

She gave me THE softest throw I have ever felt. It is DIVINE! And even though I have the AC on at the moment, it isn’t supposed to get above freezing Saturday…perfect timing! She also got me some actual C4 riding socks (I never splurge on actual riding socks…feeling so special!), a book with an intriguing cover that I am going to dive into over Christmas vacation, some fuzzy-wuzzy socks, and yummy candy.

SharonA, your gifts couldn’t have been more perfect, and I am very, very grateful for them! Thank you so much! I truly love every single thing! Merry Christmas to you and yours!

(Lots of exclamation points, I know, but I can’t help it…excited!)

And thank you, @ChocoMare, for organizing this gift exchange again this year! It has become one of the highlights of the Christmas season for me.

2 Likes

Thank you @HorsesinHaiti for your meticulously wrapped and many gifts! I opened them today.The first ornament I opened was that rock children in the bed and I thought <<what??>> but then opened your other ornaments and understood. I keep the rock children on my computer because they are so cute! Along with theo two other ornaments. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Ohio Bee Haven products!!! The honey is gone, I haven’t used the bag yet and I love the hand salve. I’m so happy to be turned on to them to order more in the future. Especially the salve. Did I say that I am crazy in love with it? Seriously, people, check out the Bee Haven website. A Cincinnati local business with great bee products that I, for one, am very happy to support because I know first hand how great their products are. I hope others will post great local businesses. Thanks to @HorsesinHaiti !!!

My dear giftee, I sent you a personal email to say that you were never forgotten about, but it took FOREVER for one of your items to come in. It is in the mail and will arrive after Christmas.

Thank you, @HorsesinHaiti!

I’m glad you liked them all! I like to shop local and prefer handmade things. Supporting bees and local businesses, win-win!

Warning all- they have huge jars of spun honey for only $12! I’m trying to be good and finish the salve and honey I have before restocking there, but it takes self-discipline…

1 Like

@RoughOut, you spoiled me. Chocolates, playing cards, magnets, the cat loved her treats, the book looks very interesting, the coffee mug. Thank you for your consideration and Merry Christmas.:christmas_tree::gift::grin: