Unlimited access >

Secret Santa 2023!

The Christmas card thread jogged my memory it is that time of year! I don’t know if @J-Lu is interested in piloting this again this year, but wanted to start a thread to see who is interested in participating. I would be happy to help organize if necessary.

3 Likes

Count me in!

I also want in!

I am in! So much fun! Being someone’s Secret Santa is one of the highlights of my year.

Absolutely. The COTH secret Santa :santa: is one of favorite things to do all year!

Count me in! I’ve always meant to participate in COTH Secret Santa.

Can someone provide a rundown of what it entails? I would really enjoy participating but what to ensure I know what the program is before signing up to buy someone a bespoke saddle (j/k) or something similar.

1 Like

Include me🤶

I’m in.

I’ll play.

The limit is $35, if I remember correctly. That doesn’t include shipping. You will submit and get a list of likes, don’t likes, wishes, allergies (a baking Secret Santa is awesome), etc. Doesn’t have to be horse stuff. No saddles. Last year, I got a neat new halter. Year before, if I’m counting right, I got a small (2 feet high) hammock for the cats. They still love it.

Thank you! That is helpful. I love to buy gifts so this will be fun! Please put me on the list whomever ends up organizing!

I just sent a PM to J-Lu to see if she wanted to organize it again or if she’d like me to. If she isn’t interested I will get info out here in the next few days.

3 Likes

I wanna do it too! I love CoTH SS!

I love this “event”. I have played for years and would like to again this year!

@J-Lu, I am happy to help as well if you need an elf or two.

1 Like

I’m in!

Ok, I have not heard back from J-Lu, so I will be happy to take on SS this year. Just didn’t want to steal her thunder if she wanted to do it. Bear with me, tho, as I haven’t done it before.

Secret Santa sign up will be open from tonight to midnight November 19th. I’ll track entrants as I go so should be able to get emails out to assigned elves shortly after that. I don’t know if I am coordinated enough to do a late group or not, but we can wing that if we have to. Limit is $35 before shipping.

Please PM me with your email address, your name and address (this is important! Haha!) and a description of yourself and what you might want for $35. That includes a description of your tastes in things, colors you like, styles you like, your shirt size, hand size for gloves if that’s on your lists, etc. Also list what you DON’T need. Mention if you have allergies to something. Please also note if you are willing to ship overseas/internationally.

Your PM with your info will be your official entry, not just a comment on the thread. In order to verify entries, would it work for me to post a list daily of who I have gotten PMs from? I’ll send actual assignments via email.

Please mention if you’d volunteer to de-Grinch. That means you will step to the plate of a SS recipient who never received a gift or never received communication from their elf.

THAT said, we all know that “Life” happens, and if you find yourself in the position of not being able to follow through with your elf assignment, just let me know. NOT a big deal.

I would like to insert myself into the chain if someone will volunteer to be my SS. I promise to act surprised :grin:

Quite often, people make “elf accounts” through gmail, yahoo, etc. and post to tease their giftees and ask questions. There are so many platforms out there to make an email account through and then register with COTH with it. It is not only allowed, it is encouraged! If you have difficulty doing this, just ask on the thread! Seasoned elves can help you!!

Most lastly, @Moderator_1, can you please pin this thread?

Thank you @Moderator_1, and thanks to everyone in advance who participates and keeps this tradition going!!

I might have forgotten something. Please chime in if I did!

ETA: edited to change the end date as I realized I will be out of town that original date, so stretched it until I get back.

6 Likes

I think this is a great idea! :+1:

@J-Lu is, I think, may be really busy at work.

1 Like

Oh, I figured. I just didn’t want to steal it from her if she wanted to do it.

1 Like