Unlimited access >

Seeking boarding/training in Aurora, Illinois

I am moving to Aurora this Fall and am looking for a reputable trainer to train and show in hunters and equitation. I am planning on visiting Legacy River Equestrian Center (trainers Hana Arnold and John Berkos), Greystone Riding Academy (trainer Laurie O’Brien), Autumn Lane Equestrian Center (trainer Kelly Johnson), and Fox Chase Farm (owned by Mark and Jenise Koerner). If anyone knows other good stables or has comments about these barns please let me know! Thank you in advance!

What are you wanting to do? Do you currently own a horse, want to lease, or need someone to help you find a partner? Junior or adult? A shows or NIHJA?

Please private message me

Imlacross- I’m an adult with horse. I’ve been out of showing since high school, so interested in getting back into local shows then moving up. Thanks!

Ask lots of turnout questions if that’s important to you. Some of the swankiest area barns hitting the A’s in our area don’t offer much.

If you’re looking for a place where you can do the NIHJA circuit that has a friendly, down to earth atmosphere, try Camelot in Oswego. My barn in Plainfield (just south of the Naperville line) has a trainer who also frequents the NIHJAs, though I’m in the other aisle with event trainer. All day turnout. Dark Horse Stables.

McIntyre in Batavia is building a new barn and an A-circuit mainstay. Depending on where your are in Aurora, though, I might really recommend Bull Run in Elburn. Gorgeous facility, rolling all-day pasture turnout, beautiful indoor, Eurosizer, big sand ring outdoors perched up on a hill, little grass hunt field. One resident trainer on the A-circuit, another with a growing contingent going to the NIHJAs. It’s one place where you might be able to move from one circuit to the other without changing facilities. Top flight facility and care at a lower price than most others doing the A’s and with better turnout. If you’re west-ish in Aurora, it wouldn’t be a bad drive. For me in SW Naperville, it used to take about 45 minutes. Could be much closer for you.

Thanks very much!!