Unlimited access >

Seven Oaks Farm - Portola Valley, CA

My horse has a career ending injury. He can be ridden, and it is recommended that he be ridden, but only at a walk. He lives in a stall and paddock arrangement which vet says is fine, but he cannot be turned out to pasture. I plan, at present, to continue riding him…at the walk (sigh), with hopes of convincing him that he can enjoy trail riding. So far, he disagrees.

In the meantime, I’d like to keep riding at something more than a walk. Schoolmasters, however, seem to be in short supply. Does anyone know anything about Seven Oaks Farm in Portola Valley. Would this be a good place to go to “keep my hand in” as it were.? It’s a bit of a distance for me - I’m in Concord, they’re in Portola Valley and my only vehicle is a truck. Something closer would be nicer, but this has been the only thing I’ve found so far. I don’t want just walk/trot/canter on TL horses. I have kind friends who have allowed me to ride their lower level and/or non-dressage horses on occasion, but I’m looking for a little more.

Also, does anyone know if somewhere else in the SF Bay Area that would have schoolmasters on which I could take lessons, preferably in Contra Costa or Alameda County? I was riding/showing 2nd, schooling 3rd, when my horse got injured (almost three years ago), and have been trying to rehab him ever since, but recently had him evaluated at UC Davis, and he’s not going to come right, so…

Thanks for your help!

I rode with Pam and Carrie years and years ago! I have no idea what their school horse program is like now but at the time I don’t remember them having school masters…

There must be something closer to you?

I will PM you. Pam and Carrie are good people.

Seven Oaks helped me ride after my spine surgery, very solid people.