Shady Oaks Driving event

Just back from the most difficult CDE in the West, Shady Oaks in Lodi CA. I have pictures here, http://www.flickr.com/photos/48007850@N04/

I had a bit of a mishap in the hazard where my shaft bolt sheaered off turned out both were gone, but managed to back Rupert out of the hazard and out of the way for the next competitor and we managed without holding them up, since I can’t just get out and walk:-) My Navigator’s wife who also grooms rushed out from the spectators after handing off my service dog to a friend of hers, and came to head Rupert and lead him back to the barn to put away. While my Navigator headed out to get my John Deer gator to pick me and the carriage up. But first they turned me around, used a shaft as a wheel chock so I could watch the competitors go through the hazard.

Fun event, cones was awesome got new bolts!, a difficult event at the Advanced level, and I haven’t shown Advanced since last year.

Diane Kastama

I am so sorry this happened to you, Diane. Sounds like you (and your crew) did everything right and it is nice that no one got hurt. Your horse just be especially well-trained, since he handled the situation well! I have seen you drive at Clay Station (I was working one of the hazards) and you sure looked goo there. Shady Oaks is such a great venue…definately on my “some day…” list, although my Clydesdales probably would not fit through the hazards there!

Well, you look great in the pics! So sorry for the equipment issues.