Unlimited access >

Sheepskin/antimicrobial girth covers to fit Logic dressage girth?

I have what seems to be a simple problem that I’m having issues solving.

Long story short: I’m looking for a dressage-length girth cover that will fit a County Logic girth.

I think the “Mattes Custom Contour Dressage Girth Cover” may work for a “W” girth like this one, but I’ve already spent too much money buying and returning failed covers (after contacting customer service and having them assure me it would fit based on the measurements - very disappointing). Has anyone used this girth cover with one of their anatomical girths and had it work? And how did you work out the sizing?

I’m really interested in something wool or sheepskin because my horse has a persistent girth itch issue after someone used my tack on a visiting equine without telling me (getting her exposed). Irritation and sweat make the fungal infection flare up again, and the Logic has always irritated my sensitive-skinned mare a little (it was never a huge issue until now where her skin is even more sensitive – no sores). I am working with a vet with respect to the girth itch. It’s on her recommendation that I look for something with sheepskin.

I do ride in dressage tack, but I’m moving more towards endurance riding and I don’t believe the leather girth stays comfortable for her on those long rides anyway. The only solution it seems (since no other girth is going to work for her) is a nice girth cover that can hold up to some serious use and regular washing!

As another aside – has anyone tried KNITTING their own, or sewing their own girth covers?