Unlimited access >

Shipping a Horse Overseas

Hi everyone I am moving to Scotland at the end of next year and have started researching companies to bring my horse over with me. My BO recommended JetPets as that’s who she has used in the past from Europe to the US. I did a search here and came across the thread about the horse who got stuck in quarantine. Please tell me that’s not normal.

More to my point, can anyone give me rough estimates? Is the quarantine different on the other side of the pond?

Any and all input is appreciated!

You can check here;

https://www.aphis.usda.gov/aphis/ourfocus/animalhealth/export/iregs-for-animal-exports/ct_iregs_animal_exports_home

Its not normal.

But…it can happen on either side if there are health questions.

1 Like

I replied to you on H&H. Check out Dutta Corp, EquiJet, Horse America, probably in that order. Get quotes and ask for route options. Flying out will depend on whether you want to fly three horses to a pallet to keep cost down, and the availability of other horses traveling in your direction in your time frame. Don’t ignore quarantine costs as that 30 days can be expensive if you’re not able to set up USDA approved quarantine at home.

Going the other way, I regularly work with Equijet and have zero complaints. For a gelding coming from Europe, you’re looking at around $9k - not sure if it’s similar going to the UK given differing quarantine requirements.