shoulder rehab whine

Warning - whine ahead.

sigh. I had a minor rotator cuff arthroscopy 2 months ago. No major repairs, just some cleanup and taking off a spur. Rehab was going well for about a month, but I over-exerted (not even riding!), and it’s been downhill ever since. Range of motion, which was about 90%, is now significantly limited again, and I’m in a fair bit of pain whenver I try to do anything with the arm.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? I’m worried about frozen shoulder (which I’ve gone through once before), and just really depressed by the whole thing - I want to be able to ride my horse! At the moment, I can’t even pick out his hoof. :frowning:

No, no experience with problems after surgery, mine went great and have full range of motion, but restricted on how much I can lift forever to 50 lbs.
I just loaded 60 alfalfa 70# bales the other day, but mostly rolled them around carefully and lifted assisting with my legs.
Didn’t have any problem whatsoever.

One trainer I know did overstretch in therapy and had to have surgery again.
I hope that won’t be your case, but if it is, he did well the second time around, when he was much more careful.

What did your surgeon suggest?

I’m going to see my surgeon on Tuesday. PT says shoulder isn’t frozen and it’s all muscular, or maybe I have a fracture resulting from a fall I took about 3 weeks ago (not horse-related).

sigh. Glad yours went well, though!

And the winner is… One rib broken, another cracked! sigh. Shoulder joint itself seems ok, so no happy juice from the doctor, just rest and ice.

My first broken bone, and not even horse-related. I don’t know whether to laugh or cry. But it doesn’t have to keep me out of the saddle, does it?

Oops - quintuple post! Guess the database was listening, after all…