Unlimited access >

Show breech help

What Dewey said. I would skip anything that is ribbed or heavy cotton - so no to the cotton naturals, which I’ve worn at some point in my life and found unbearable. Plus, they’re generally not flattering, to put it politely.

Look for a crispier fabric that feels athletic - I have a pair of Dover Riding Sports that are shockingly nice, and a pair of two of the Smartpak breeches. I’ve also got a few pairs of Tuff Riders that are surprisingly adorable - of course, they’re green and rose colored, but they have a euro seat and good knee patches and they’re durable. I also like the above look of the Pytchleys and the Ovations.

I’ve had pairs of TS that wear like iron and pairs that haven’t. The old school fabric, if you can find it in a beige-y enough color, wears forever. But they’re hard to order online because I swear every pair fits differently.

Has anyone tried the Treadstep Symphony breeches?

I bought a pair of the Tredstep’s on a recommendation from a friend and love them. I am a die hard fan of the Ariat Pro-Circuits and since they are no longer being made, I was on the search for a new breech. I was at a show and one of the vendors had a 30% off sale and the price was great so I decided to give them a try. My trainer saw how nice they looked and she bought a pair!

[QUOTE=SweetTalk;7707547]
Has anyone tried the Treadstep Symphony breeches?[/QUOTE]

OMG- I just bought a pair of Tredstep #3 Rosa breeches (The $120 model) yesterday and love them! My boyfriend shrank my navy Trophy Hunters in the dryer :eek: and I was looking for a comparable replacement that wouldn’t cost me an arm and a leg. I find the fabric to be really close, very soft and stretchy but still structured. The clasps on the front zip are really well made, there is backing in the fabric and an extra flap so that there is no uncomfortable pinching. The Motion Fit fabric in the knee is especially great for me because there is no pulling in the knee area, and the sock bottoms are great. My boyfriend suggested last night after I got home “didn’t I want to change into something more comfortable like sweatpants?” to get ice cream, but I said I was still wearing my breeches because of how comfortable they were :smiley:

I love these: http://www.statelinetack.com/item/tuffrider-sierra-knee-patch-breeches/E003575/

They are cheap, wear like iron, and flattering (I think/hope!) I do jumpers, and it seems like we embraced the front zips quicker than the hunters, but I see more and more front zips on hunter people at shows. Side zips are annoying to me- when they came into fashion with TS in the mid-1980s I thought they were amazing and cool and refused to wear anything BUT those baggy, puke green side zip TS the rest of my junior career, but I’m kinda over them now!

The fabric of the TuffRiders is really quite tough, so while they are stetchy they don’t end up bagging until several rides. I have many pairs in various colors for every day and I show in the light tan and the gray ones. I refuse to buy any more Ariats because they wear out too quickly, TS fit me weird, and when I tried on a couple of models of the new Tredstep breeches they also fit me weird, which made me very sad. I like fabrics that are either Schoeller Prestige or Schoeller-like- they are tough and wear really well. My favorite x 1000 breeches are Pikeurs, but I’m too cheap to buy them.

I’m built with no butt, small hips and waist, and big rider thighs and these fit me great- I’m not sure how well they would work for other body types, but they are worth a look!

I’ve been looking for breeches with sock-ends and these are so much more affordable than the ones I’ve found! Made my day :smiley:

Ohh! I think I need these - I LOVE TR breeches and have been lusting after sock bottoms and a wide waistband…and LOOK AT THAT BLUE COLOUR!!!

[QUOTE=tua37516;7707897]
OMG- I just bought a pair of Tredstep #3 Rosa breeches (The $120 model) yesterday and love them! My boyfriend shrank my navy Trophy Hunters in the dryer :eek: and I was looking for a comparable replacement that wouldn’t cost me an arm and a leg. I find the fabric to be really close, very soft and stretchy but still structured. The clasps on the front zip are really well made, there is backing in the fabric and an extra flap so that there is no uncomfortable pinching. The Motion Fit fabric in the knee is especially great for me because there is no pulling in the knee area, and the sock bottoms are great. My boyfriend suggested last night after I got home “didn’t I want to change into something more comfortable like sweatpants?” to get ice cream, but I said I was still wearing my breeches because of how comfortable they were :D[/QUOTE]

I grabbed a pair of breeches off the rack to wear under the boots I was trying on at the tack store and fell in love with these breeches. They are ridiculously comfortable. Like, you think Trophy Hunters are comfortable until you put on a pair of these and realize what you’ve been missing out on terrible.

They didn’t have my size in the color(s) I wanted so I walked out empty handed but I am going to call and order a couple of pairs.

I have two pairs of those and love them! Keep an eye out for sales because I think mine were around $30 each, which was SO worth it.

[QUOTE=french fry;7707997]
I grabbed a pair of breeches off the rack to wear under the boots I was trying on at the tack store and fell in love with these breeches. They are ridiculously comfortable. Like, you think Trophy Hunters are comfortable until you put on a pair of these and realize what you’ve been missing out on terrible.

They didn’t have my size in the color(s) I wanted so I walked out empty handed but I am going to call and order a couple of pairs.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I was lucky I had a 25% off coupon for Rick’s Heritage and got them for $89.99!

The Tredstep breeches??

Yep! I got one at Saddlery Liquidators on their clearance rack and another from Horseloverz.

[QUOTE=french fry;7707997]

They didn’t have my size in the color(s) I wanted so I walked out empty handed but I am going to call and order a couple of pairs.[/QUOTE]

You MUST pass these deals along when you find them!

Oops. I’m a moron. It was the TuffRider ones. Which I also really like. But if you’re a 24 or a 30:

http://equusunlimited.com/knee-patch/tuffrider-ladies-sierra-knee-patch-breeches-closeout/?gclid=Cj0KEQjw06GfBRCR9tDI4t6n5_MBEiQAFo6kuGZlS2pEWfEHL-xDdSghlaOW9LgwieJQzoe64UsoPC8aAqwP8P8HAQ

Also, the “ivy” is not the bright green shown. It’s a much prettier softer green.

I love you all. Everyone. Dewey, you are amazingly helpful! I have used suggestions and searched a bit more and found 2 choices. Shipping them when I can to try on and (hopefully) they are good enough for shows!

On the people who told me to just get a completely new helmet - this is my first show. I’m not one to try to be all by myself, with everyone staring at me so I’m trying it out, seeing how it goes and hoping it ends up good. It is a show at the barn I go to, not sure how big it will be but oh well.

Again, thank you all for the help! I might post pictures of the pants on me for opinions (if I can do that) to get professional online help from all of you lovely people.

We’re glad to help! Hope it works out and that you have a lot of fun showing.

Unless you’re a premium member, you can’t post pictures; however, you can post them to a photo-sharing site like photobucket or flickr and post the links here. We look forward to seeing how you look in your English duds!