Unlimited access >

Show Hunters of the past

Frascati (Scotty) R ridden bt Daryll Pirtle Portela!

I was there, too.

Anyone else a pack rat like me? I emailed the contact on the Freudy website. If you have old Freudy photos OR PROOFS, they will restore them and even make your proofs into 8 x 10 photos. I dug through the old photo albums and came up with a bunch of proofs from Devon & MSG that I’d never had made up into photos. Sending a batch off today :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Not Always owned by “Peggy” someone:confused: ridden by Rodney Jenkins and others.:yes::wink: Navy Commander ( Betty Reynolds ?oare):wink:

Peggy Steinman

Years ago my older brother took me to my first hunter jumper horse show. Was very young and fell in love at first sight.there was a horse there named Whissendene or Whissendean. My brother I’m sure was there to meet the ladies,I think they were twins that owned him. There was a beautiful girl there and her last name was Peavly.I remember that because I drank their dairy product everyday.

The show was around St Louis and in the 60s.Ask my brother and he said he doesn’t remember.But I will never ever forget that horse . I now own my own.If you could please help oh wise ones?

Do they not do Horse of Year any longer ? What did they do with all the old trophies ? At one point they used to be on display at Tiffany’s.

??? To my knowledge, USEF, USHJA and NSBA all have HOTY awards.

Whoa. Is this a zombie record? Almost twelve years?

2 Likes

Them Apples

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. (Although, truthfully, I don’t remember asking the question.) :slight_smile:

Sorry, meant to place this where someone asked about a hunter of Anne Devereux.

No worries. :slight_smile:

How did you like…

(sorry, couldn’t help myself)

Scary, huh?

1 Like

Joey rode that one.

I did not realize at first that this was another rare double zombie thread, after we just saw one in the last week or so. Yikes.

And now I have that song Hard To Be Humble stuck in my head after someone in an old post mentioned the gray horse by that name who belonged to Mr. Jacobs.

Although that might be an improvement after I’ve had a song from Schoolhouse Rock stuck in my head for the past week. Lol.

Schoolhouse rock is WAY more apropos, probably.

It could have been Mr. Jacobs’ name, too.

1 Like

:musical_note: 3, 6, 9
12, 15, 18
21, 24, 27
30🎵

A week. A week it’s been going through my head! :woman_facepalming:

Yes, he did the pro divisions as needed because the owner wanted to do the A/O’s at MSG.