Unlimited access >

Show Jumping

Nice job, Koki!

1 Like

How great for Japan! Two of their home team riders clear so far!

Does anyone know who is doing the commentary? It sounds like the guy is the one who does a lot of classes, but I don’t recognize the woman’s voice.

3 Likes

Sumo jump seems to be proving a biggie. Bertram showed his horse carefully!

2 Likes

And two clear for Ireland now with Bertram Allen’s great round!

4 Likes

Isn’t it Lucinda Green? I forget the man’s name but they’ve been doing commentary on all the equestrian events

Help please. Where can I see the show jumping right now?? I am techno challenged, but have a tv and a computer.

1 Like

Do you have cable? Like Xfinity?
Go to the NBC Olympics sports page and log on using your cable subscription log in. As long as you have the right “package” you should be able to watch

If you don’t have cable, get Sling blue for one month (I think it’s like $10) and then log onto the nbc Olympics page using the sling log it and you can watch everything live

4 Likes

Not sure what we have but it appears to be cable. Am in Ocala at WEC staying in their Homes Away from Home. We seem to have a million tv channels.

1 Like

Link to live stream.

You might need to sign in with your cable provider to watch after the first 30 minutes. Or maybe you can just start again every 30 minutes without signing in. Not sure about that part.

1 Like

How is WEC Ocala in the summer? Are there a lot of entries? Are they mostly showing indoors or outdoors as this time of year?

Yes, I think she was a three day eventer. The man is John—his last name escapes me—and he is the one who commentates the big classes at big shows.

1 Like

Mario Deslauriers’s horse seems nice

1 Like

What is interesting to me is what they are NOT saying. Cian O’Connor just rode and he is infamous for losing the gold medal on Waterford Crystal for doping. IIRC that horse was on anti-psychotic drugs. I realize that Lucinda and John are supposed to make happy talk because of the non-horse audience, but Cian is mostly famous for doping, not jumping.

2 Likes

It is fabulous, as always. Using all 4 indoor rings plus the higher jumpers in the Grand Arena and medium jumpers in outdoor jumper 1. Entries have been HUGE, but are lighter this week as so many have gone to KY to prep for pony finals next week.

And Mclain had plastic chips in boots, Mario’s horse tested positive for cocaine, etc, etc. That doesn’t take away from their accomplishments at the top level of sport. Cian has been consistently at the top for many, many years now.

3 Likes

Interesting, thanks. That facility is incredible. Have fun there!

Mario’s horse did?

Sorry didn’t catch what happened, why he retired?

do the scores from the qualifier carry forward to the individual final, and are then re set to zero for the team competition?