Unlimited access >

Show me your (car) organizational skills

I’m looking for some inspiration! If any of you are like me, you cart a lot of horse stuff around in the back of your car. Does anyone have a clever organization system to maximize space as you haul this stuff around with you day-in, day-out?

Ideally I’d like some kind of shelf system or car tack locker (okay, maybe the latter is a bit of a stretch :smirk:). Please, inspire us!

1 Like

One of these saddle racks would help?

https://www.bigdweb.com/product/stubbs+saddle+mate+portable+saddle+carrier.do

1 Like

Oh that is fantastic! All I’m hauling around right now is a harness and a grooming caddy but I’d be all over this if I still had a saddle.

Following!

I had posted some time back that I was looking for something similar to that Stubben saddle rack for transporting my saddle back and forth. The tack room was super humid this summer and to avoid more mold, I brought it home. Anyway, I bought a Playmate cooler; the shape was perfect for my saddle. And it can hold quite a bit inside.

The trunk of my Forester in the winter is a disaster, with several types of jackets/coats/vests piled up. My rubber barn boots get laid onto an old rubber floor mat to keep the mud in one spot. A good air freshener is a must. When it’s really cold I’ll put the coat I’ll be wearing onto the floor of my front passenger seat to warm up by the heat vent.

Any type of crate or plastic container to keep everything together is a great help.