Unlimited access >

Show me your favourite brown boots!

Ooooh… they have navy lace-ups… not in stock, but, for that price, I’ll wait :slight_smile:

So my thought…maybe skip Mountain Horse boots. And take it with a grain of salt. I am meticulous about not doing barn chores in mine and I clean them after every ride, no exceptions. And I’m not even riding every day these days. But…they seem like they’re breaking down faster than I’d expect. Not particularly happy about that.

1 Like

My bargain brown boots! I lucked out many years ago when a saddlery in New York was clearing out their DerDaus without zippers. I took a chance and got these for $150 CDN, shipped to Ontario! They were awfully red when they arrived, but a coat of black polish and some use brought them around nicely.

10 Likes

That is a lovely photo in every way.

I’d also love a pair of brown boots, even though I primarily ride western these days. I just can’t get beyond wearing stretchy breeches and taller boots.

1 Like

You boots are gorgeous! How have they handled every day work?

They are work horses (no pun intended). The polo boots are 6 years old now and are in great shape–and I only take minimal care of them. The field boots are younger, but also in great shape (I DO take better care of these, as I bought them for cubbing season and want them to stay nice looking).

Here are mine; semi-custom so these are the pictures they sent me before shipping! I show in more traditional dressage boots but these have been great for every day. Deniro, ~$300 from the UK, leather quality isn’t outstanding but they are super grippy and very comfortable. They look much darker now/in person!

5 Likes

The stock black boots I’m finding from US distributors are $800-1000. Would you be willing to share your source for overseas?

WB Equiline. I communicated with them via Facebook and they were fantastic. I did buy these ~1.5 year ago so prices may have gone up since then because of sourcing and the COVID situation in Italy.

Amazing how quickly prices have changed! They now start at $530

Well, I’m glad I got them when I did, I guess! Look out for sales and a good exchange rate!

Man, those brown boots are gorgeous! :heart_eyes:

Petrie makes custom boots in any of their styles in Brown.

So, the Premier Equine boots came off back order and I bought the navy lace ups, which arrived yesterday. (They have dark brown and cognac too, to keep this on topic :))

They seem very nice in the hand, especially for the price–at least comparable to my Ariats (I like the elastic panel down the back of the leg in these, I miss the tongue over the achilles tendon that is in the ariats.) I’m sitting here at my desk, wearing them in some.

The only complaint I have so far is that the laces undo themselves when you unzip them to take them off. This doesn’t happen with the Ariats. I’ve just bent all the clips down with a pair of pliers which should help, I hope. And the laces could be a couple of inches longer, but I think that problem will resolve itself as they mold to my legs a bit more.