Unlimited access >

Show name help pls

Hi everyone, first time poster, long time lurker here :smiley:
I’m looking for a show name for my mare, her name is Pandora and I’d like it to go with that. Something with charm in it, or related to the Pandora’s box story, or anything else you can think of :winkgrin:
Thanks in advance!

I personally will need a photo of the mare in question in order to make a suggestion!! :D:D:D:D:D

I don’t know how to link photos, sorry :frowning: She’s a chestnut pony mare with a blaze and 4 socks!

Hmmm… I can’t think of much without a massive amount of coffee, but knowing the story of Pandora’s Box, maybe Hope Unlocked? Everything else that came out of the box was pretty unwelcome, but that was the last thing Zeus left.

Hope unlocked is cute…I’m trying to go more in the direction of fun names, but I love the tie in to the story :slight_smile: why is this so hard!

Well… I don’t think naming anything is ever truly easy, unless you get the odd case where they name themselves. What about Pandora’s Box? It would be fun to be riding Pandora’s Box in the ring. LOL

Agree with Jenx, keep the Pandora myth in the picture :wink:
If you want fun how about:
Here Comes Hope!

Pandora’s Promise
Great Expectations
All About Pandora
My Pandora
Surprise
Guess Again
Treasure Me
Box of Socks (Pandora box. Horse has 4 socks)
All Wrapped Up
Unknown Treasure

Did anyone watch Bewitched? (Dating myself, I know.)

How about Pandora Spox? That was the “actress” who played Elizabeth’s twin sister (it really was the same actress and they never showed the two of them at the same time- before film splicing)

[QUOTE=Alterrain;8529037]
Did anyone watch Bewitched? (Dating myself, I know.)

How about Pandora Spox? That was the “actress” who played Elizabeth’s twin sister (it really was the same actress and they never showed the two of them at the same time- before film splicing)[/QUOTE]

Avid Bewitched fan here. (Also not old, just have good taste :slight_smile: )

Elizabeth Montgomery, aka Samantha, did not have a twin sister. She had a cousin played by the same actress named Serena. Is this to whom you refer? Sorry to derail thread, OP, but its just so seldom that someone brings up something about which I am actually knowledgeable :slight_smile:

Since you mentioned “charm” (at least I assume you mean charm vs cham?)…

My Lucky Charm
Lucky Charm
Magic Charm
Good Luck Charm
Charmed Life
Princess Charming
Southern Charm
Secret Charm
Charm and Grace
Third time’s the charm
A Little Charm (since she is a pony)
Full of Charm
Charming Enchantment
Charm my socks off

I did mean charm, sorry, fixed it! Thank you everyone for the suggestions, but a friend ended up suggesting the perfect name…Out of the box! Thanks for all the help :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=ChasPonyCat;8529242]
Avid Bewitched fan here. (Also not old, just have good taste :slight_smile: )

Elizabeth Montgomery, aka Samantha, did not have a twin sister. She had a cousin played by the same actress named Serena. Is this to whom you refer? Sorry to derail thread, OP, but its just so seldom that someone brings up something about which I am actually knowledgeable :)[/QUOTE]

Yes! Sorry, you’re right, Serena was her cousin. In the credits, they had her played by “Pandora Spox” which I always thought was so cute.

Pandora’s Sox?

I love the name Pandora! Why would you want to have a different show name? Besides, I teach Greek mythology to my ninth graders. Pandora’s box unleashed all the ills that beset mankind: old age, insanity, death. They are also referred to as the spites. The one kept in the box is foreboding, so we will never know our fate and therefore will remain hopeful.

So if you must, how about Oblivious?

Out of the Box, Unlock the Box, Lift the Lid