Unlimited access >

Show name/registered name help

I have a 5 year old imported Irish Sport horse-Sire is Kiltealy Silver, Dam is Ballywooden Queen (out of Zagreb) and his barn name is Tully (means peaceful Irish origin). He is super chill, snuggly and the easiest guy I have ever started. He has a white cresent moon marking on forehead and small cross on nose, otherwise is all bay. He is 17.2, big guy. Sire is a grey (must have had chestnut gene because all his babies most his babies are grey so we expected Tullly to grey but he has not one sign of it so I suspect there is chesnut recessive gene in sire because he has thrown bays a few times that stayed bay). I am stumped for names to register and he is still “unnamed foal” on green book. I want to start showing some schooling shows next year. Some names people have thrown out- Tullymore Dew, Kiltealy’s Moon. He has been Tully to me for so long I cant think of anything but that. I had a wonderful three year old I lost last year named Ned after my beloved grandfather and considered Ned Tully in honor of them both (after the movie Waking Ned Devine) or using the movie name Waking Ned Devine. Would love some ideas or if you love any of the names above let me know . Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Here is a pic of him in case it helps

7 Likes

What a kind eye he has :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
I like Ned Tully :+1:

My WB was registered Jaybee Altair, for the breeder & sire line.
I renamed him Sam to honor my Dad who’d died just before I got him. That was his barn name.
For show he was Don’t Tell Me, Dad’s argument-ender when my brother or I begged to differ with him :smirk:

3 Likes

There are a lot of fun plays on his parentage with Tully like:

Tullywooden Silver
Kiltully Silver
Kiltully Ballywooden
Kiltealy King Tully
Ballysilver Tully
Ballysilver King Tully

For honoring your lost horse, I like Ned’s Tully.

1 Like

Kiltealy’s Tullywooden

2 Likes

I like Kiltully.

Ned’s King Tully

1 Like

Since the crescent is barely there…
Vanish The Moon
Ghost Moon
Trace of Silver
Moon Ribbons
Moon Tranced

There’s a Beatles song called Mull of Kintyre that might work.

2 Likes

Ohh, I like the trace of silver idea. His grandsire is Fast Silver and almost all of the Kiltealy babies have Silver in their names but he is one of two non-greys the sire threw so that works. Thanks!

1 Like

Just ran it by my trainer and barn friends and Trace of Silver is getting a big thumbs up. Think we found a winner!

5 Likes

It may not be orginal, but with Irish breeding and the half moon mark, my first thought was “Over the Moon” (a UK/Irish expression of being delighted)

2 Likes

I like that too!!

That was actually Wings. :wink:

I always start with sire & dam = silver + queen = corn :rofl: He must be super-sweet :blush:

Trace of Silver is very pretty!

Tully made me think of Game of Thrones, but the only pretty name I get from that is Riverrun or Trident, which aren’t good :frowning:

1 Like

Tully’s Silver Moon ?

Ballywood Silver Moon

1 Like