Showing open classes vs theraputic classes

Which do you do? Does anyone do both.
A local show has a theraputic division I am planning on going in. Now Now up until last year we did gymkhana there and up to two years ago we did hunters there.Now usually there is only one person there with Downs Syndrome showing. I am going blind. This horse and I have been very successful in the gymkhana there.I just worry about what others may think. That I am just trying to get ribbons. Two years ago my eyesight was to a point where a full hunter ring made me nervous. On an easy excitable horse that is not a good combination.We went to a theraputic show last year where they keep the classes on the small side. Great confidence booster from me. I would like to get some more under our belt before returning to the hunt ring. So I figured the theraputic division will be the way to go. I just worry what others may think. I know if I go into the ring nervous my horse will be a basket case.The other person should beat me anyhow. He has a nice western mount.
I know I shouldn’t care what others think. It is just the head of the gymkhana(not of the western pleasure stuff where they have the theraputic division) can be very egotistical. I don’t need any help bringing myself confidence down.
So would you go for the experience. It will be good to get my horse out doing dressage(theraputic is open) at a place we used to run at.

Don’t worry about it. Just go to the show, enter the division you want, and have a good time.