Unlimited access >

Six pocket shimmable saddle pad

I’m looking at buying a western saddle and expect to have to adjust the fit with padding (PPID horse exhibiting topline muscle loss). I saw the TSF felt pad (I’d like something a bit easier to wash - or you could tell me an easy way :wink: ). I also wonder if the felt shims would thin out over time.

The other one I saw was the Thinline cotton shimmable pad, but so far haven’t been able to find a Canadian source. I like the idea of this one as I can use a saddle blanket (which I already own) over top.

Any others you use or recommend I look at? Or any other fitting options to suggest?

I have a Diamond Wool shimmable pad. Not quite as expensive as a Five Star, but wears well and allows for me to adjust with different saddles and different horses.

https://www.ridingwarehouse.com/Diamond_Wool_Contoured_Western_Saddle_Pad_w_Shims_30x30/descpage-DWCRS30.html

1 Like

I bought a breathable mesh western pad by Equine Comfort Products. It only has 4 shims, but I can add a center back thin one by bridging two pockets with a sliced foam piece. It is washable. I would remove the foam pieces first.

1 Like