Unlimited access >

So-Called Horse Trainer - Australia

i wasn’t sure where, or whether, to post… but feel motivated to do so; so here goes:

A “trainer” and breeder of Arabians in NSW, Australia has been attracting attention on FB for all the wrong reasons and were recently highlighted/criticized by a You-tuber.

The “methods” and practices of these people are abhorrent and abusive yet apparently don’t meet FB’s guidelines for removal. Should you choose to view, they were still there today as “Oaks Hill Arabians”… they display arrogance, immaturity and hostility toward their many critics.- basically doubling down with very rude comments (such a great look for a “business”).

Please be warned that it’s horrid viewing… a 2 yo is shown being “broken” (not “started”) - he is aggressively and abusively “bucked out”, face-yanked, and hit all the while as this person (appropriately called a knuckle-dragger on YT) ‘rides’ in gumboots at the horse’s shoulder, yells and flops all over this poor little baby horse.

For good measure, he “lays” the colt by roping both front legs. The gorilla antics following that move, need to be seen to be believed.

They accuse another (very well known) Arabian Horse Stud of some sort of corruption at a recent show where their own filly apparently did not place.

The Arabian Horse Society of Australia (via it’s publicity page) has posted that they are aware of and are seeking legal advice into the matter. They ask that people refrain from further publicity but I actually disagree and feel that pressure from everywhere is the only way to have these people heavily sanctioned or, even better, dismissed from the Society. The Society asks that people do contact the appropriate animal welfare agencies - here, it’s the RSPCA. It’s widely known that the RSPCA has limited scope and if they were to find water and feed available upon inspection, that would be the end of their interest and involvement.

Well, I guess I’ve laid in on thick, but all of it is true and there to be seen,

Maybe some folks here would also like to contact the AHSA and record your opinion?

1 Like

I’m always dismayed at what I see wrt horses, training, and riding, particularly that which is pushed on Facebook.

1 Like

That young 2 yr old gelding he rides like a sack of potatoes then pulles his head so hard to the left they both fall, missed a wonderful opportunity to double barrel the guy in the chest.

People like him make my blood boil.

2 Likes

Vile training, and a vile human being to boot. Seems middle eastern, and has a bunch of middle eastern friends backing him up?

I understand the “head trainer” is a former boxer? Even takes his shirt off to prove how macho he is in one of the videos. PUKE.

1 Like

Yes, he’s absolutely puke-worthy! I hope with all my heart that these morons are somehow brought down and that no more horses are subject to them.

And yes, there appears to be lots of “you’re so amazing brother” going on from his mates. Belch.

1 Like

i’d like to have seen that too. Dear little horse, so terrified and utterly brow-beaten… though I think if he’d double barreled this ape man in the head, not much damage would’ve been done!