Unlimited access >

So happy I made this choice!

So me and my boys (16yo and 4yo) moved to a new barn this September. I was initially nervous and it didn’t go without some drama (you can look up my previous thread :slight_smile: ) , but we are now settled in and I couldn’t be happier!

My boys are well cared for and both have found their sweet spots in the herd of mares and one young gelding they are going out with. They get roughly 16 hours of turnout in a pleasantly large pasture and it helps me to see that they are really enjoying their new mates.

As for me, I LOVE being able to visit them 3-4 times a week, as opposed to once a month, which was the reality over summer when they resided in an otherwise great barn, but across the country. I am also excited to finally have an indoor, which helps me to finally put some hours under saddle on my youngster and properly exercise my 16yo. The BO is lovely and I mostly get the barn and the facilities to myself, as I usually visit in the mornings.

All of this has really boosted my confidence, so a few days ago I went for the first trail ride with my 4yo and it went so well! I’m glad I made this choice now, although I was initially scared, and hopefully it means lots and lots of progress for us in the future. :slight_smile:

This is a pic of my 16yo on our first trail ride in the new trails.

And my 4yo on our first trail ride ever. :heart:

26 Likes

This looks amazing! So excited for you. Best of luck!

2 Likes