Unlimited access >

So.. I adopted a BLM mustang!

[QUOTE=Beverley;7676496]
That’s a nice little mare, I think you’ll have fun with her. How old is she?[/QUOTE]

She’s 4 :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=grayci;7676522]
Oh man, I saw her on the online auctions and kinda fell in love with her (I window shop every year but would never be crazy… ahem, I mean… brave enough to actually get one!). IIRC, she was one of the taller ones too?

My mare’s stall neighbor is a BLM Mustang. Carts a 6 year old and a 14 year old around hunter/jumper. Talented l’il thing (I say little, but she’s around 15 hands. Decent height for a mustang).

Anyway: congrats! Love the name. :D[/QUOTE]

She’s around 14/14.1 hands. I’ve never owned a pony, but am pretty small so we should be alright :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Polydor;7676827]
Gorgeous girl!

When you say she was born at the Nevada facility does that mean she was never out on the range?

Looks like she bonded with you pretty quickly. :smiley: Have fun with her!

P.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, she was born in the holding pens shortly after a group was rounded up, which included some pregnant mares. So she just sat in the holding pens with no human contact for 4 years til they listed her and I snatched her up :slight_smile:

Good luck with her. Getting a BLM mustang is a long time dream of mine, but I don’t know that it will ever be achieved, so I’ll enjoy following along with you. She’s beautiful! Now you can join the Pony-Owning Adult Support Group on Facebook with the rest of us who love-love-love ponies :slight_smile:

When I bought my QH mare at age 3, I hoped she’d grow more than she did. She topped out at just a hair over 14 hands but truth to tell, it’s a lovely size for getting on and off! And packing me, or even six foot tall men, is not a problem for her.

She’s beautiful! I’ve never seen anything like those dapples!

I used to go to the BLM auctions just to watch. I found the mustangs really interesting. And the mustang people, too.:smiley: I met people who wouldn’t own anything else. When they got ready for another horse, they’d go to the next BLM sale. They were really nice about letting me sit with them and listen to the kinds of things they looked for, and their stories about training their mustangs. I don’t know if it’s something I’d ever do, but I think it’s fascinating to watch someone else do it. :smiley:

So I’m looking forward to following y’all’s progress on FB.:yes:

Great. Thanks, OP. Your thread reminded me that I’ve been meaning to take a gander at what they have available. :wink: And then I fell in love with a beautiful filly and can’t stop staring at her picture.

Unfortunately for the both of us, I can’t adopt her. Not until my current horse dies since she has a home for life and only one horse is in the budget.

:sadsmile: I hope that filly goes to a good home. Cause if I could, I’d snatch her up so fast. I’ll be in my mid-40’s before I get another horse so I usually don’t even look. But today I did and now my heart is sore.

Tell me again WHY Money doesn’t grow on trees?

Wow she’s beautiful! Congratulations!

Congratulations she’s lovely !

There is a super cute BLM mare at the H/J barn I board at. She is wonderful and you can do practically anything you want with her. She jumps , will cart a little kid around , goes swimming , her owner stands on her back the whole works.

Great little mare.
https://scontent-a-mia.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/t1.0-9/10462538_603138619805886_2282086410589121055_n.jpg

My son has a 2 yr old mustang that he is working with as part of the youth and yearling mustang challenge…What an amazing brain and attitude. Tries everything we ask of her on the first request. We love her! Sadly she won’t be big enough for my 5’7" son though.

Terrific of you to get a mustang since the drought has been worse than usual. And what a beautiful girl. Kind eye, and those polka dots (dapples) are so cute!

Gorgeous girl! Congratulations! She is one of the nicest ones I have seen yet.

Congratulations!

I went to the holding facility in Canon City a few days ago. 2,500 horses there and there is some lookers! And some very friendly ones :slight_smile:

http://canoncitymustangs.weebly.com/

You chose the right trainer for her. I board my horse there and just happened to show up around the time you went in to pet and lead her. There really isn’t anything not to like about this mare. She’s a beauty.