Unlimited access >

So, I Did A Thing

Yeah, after swearing I was done with the breed…I did a thing. Introducing Andy, a ten week old German Shepherd Dog.

He will be the last big dog I own. But we are going to have a blast. Rally, nose work. Maybe even go back to herding. He is a working line, which I have never had before. He has been with us for 2 weeks and settled in really well. He has incredible eye contact with me, which is great in such a young pup.

And he is now sleeping through the night!!! Husband no longer waking up with him out at 3-4 a.m.
Sheilah

33 Likes

:heart_eyes:Those ears!!!

3 Likes

Lovely!!!

1 Like

Lot of FUN and WORK in your future. Congratulations! There’s nothing as much fun and as satisfying as working with a young, smart GSD.
What are his lines??

1 Like

Oh my, so cute!

1 Like

It’s all good … love his name too !

1 Like

Fero through Troll on the top. Some working dogs on the bottom.

http://www.pedigreedatabase.com/breeding.result?father=484971&mother=2660167

I think the link will work to his pedigree.
Sheilah

2 Likes

Looks like he’s gonna be a rugged, athletic guy- great sized feet too. Sable?

I hope you keep us informed of his progress. He’ll be fun to watch mature.

I’m so thrilled for you.

3 Likes

Yes, sable. My first working line and my first sable.
Sheilah

1 Like

Isn’t he something!

1 Like

He really is!!
Sheilah

1 Like

Those ears and paws :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Oh, he’s adorable. Love his ears and this little wrinkles on his face that make him look like a worrier.

Did you really think any of us here would tell you a new puppy was a bad idea? You know we are alllllll dreadful enablers. And especially with something that cute!

4 Likes

LOL, NO! I knew you all would feel me!
Sheilah

2 Likes

OMG how did I miss this little moomph?!?! Congrats - he’s adorable and going to be so much fun.

What a beautiful boy! Here’s to many happy years! :clinking_glasses:

Life is not complete with a GSD (or 4!) – my senior female is from one of the old kennels in Germany that do herding and have a training video - Which of course I have! She is great with my horses. Her puppies not so much. Their sire was the top sire of working GSDs in the world when I bred them. They are soooooo awesome. We dabbled in Schutzhund and I loved it, learned alot and made a dear friend. My psoriatic arthritis limited me with the training. Best of luck! What did you name him?

His name is Andy. I think he might be my tracking dog at long last!

5 Likes

OMG! Too cute - those ears! Love his bright little eyes and how he is looking at you so intently.

2 Likes

He is a keeper for sure.
Sheilah (who is sitting here, huffing and puffing after doing a two mile hill hike that even Andy decided to quit on)

3 Likes