SO, I scheduled my breast reduction suurgery. for 12/20/2013

best money I’ve ever spent(besides horses). I feel good. going to watch my 3 yr.old geld have ankle surgery tomorrow. but my stitches itch already. I’m a quick healer :slight_smile:

Just found this thread… I’ve been thinking about getting a BR for a few years now, especially since I’m now a 34F (or 34DDD depending on how the manufacturer labels it. But I feel like DDD is just a marketing ploy to avoid seeing that dreaded F cup!) Anyway, I told hubby around Thanksgiving that I was thinking about it and while he said he’d miss them, he totally understood why and now he’s rather excited because as he says “it’s like getting a new set of boobs to play with!” Whatever floats his boat! I’m hoping to be a B or C cup when it’s over. If I’m a D cup I won’t be a happy camper. And I don’t know if insurance will pay for any. I really can’t lose much more weight (I’m 6’1" and 155 lbs, and if I get below 150 my blood pressure gets really low which is already a problem that I’m having treated by a cardiologist.) I have checked my insurance coverage, and while I have been treated for back and shoulder pain for the last several years, according to the insurance company I would need to have 700 grams removed from each breast to qualify and that would be about 3.5 cup sizes according to my research. Which would put me at a B cup, but I’m not sure if the doctor will be able to do that. Regardless, I plan to get it done and will pay out of pocket if necessary.

I’ve got consults setup for Jan 3rd and Feb 4th and I’m thinking about setting up an appointment with a third doc too.

If anyone has recommendations for BR doctors in the Denver/Colorado Springs area, please let me know!

jumper fun, I was a DDD and went to a small C the took out 435 grams from the right and 436 grams from the last. I feel amazing and my stiches come out Monday. best thing I ever did. I paid out of pocket. wish you were closer, my doc and his staff were awesome. really not that pricey for what was done.

maxxtrot! Yay, stitches are out! That’s great! I’m so happy for you and thank you for starting this thread. Between this and my friend having it done, I’m excited for my consult in a few weeks. My hubby still isn’t really on board and I’m not sure how to get him there or if I even need to. I remembered his first serious gf had it done and it wasn’t done well so maybe he’s worried. Even though that was over 15 yrs ago. Any advice ladies?

I have to admit too that a bonus will be the pretty bras I can wear. I hate these big ugly minimizers I have to buy now. We walked by the lingerie section of the Bay on our way out of the mall today and I looked at them like “I will buy you and you and yes you you lacy red number” lol

Good news. Congrats on the successful surgery. I’m not ‘blessed’ but have known friends get the surgery and really enjoy active sports again.

JumperFun, I sent you a PM.

Congrats, I’m jealous. Very happy for you. Please describe the difference in stress to your back and neck, shoulders. I should like to really get an idea of the change it makes.

I would get upset at a husband “not being happy about losing his toys”. Heck, it’s only a BR… I had a mastectomy… believe me, breasts are not important!! My husband understood that there was no saving for him!
Just to put it in perspective!

I had my br in march of 2005 and I was THRILLED with the new perky girls.
I had general anesthesia and woke up minus back pain for the first time in years so that was also truly wonderful.
but all these years later my perky girls are lying pretty flat on my chest. I know it’s partly because I gained and lost weight and also because I despise wearing a bra.
insurance did pay for my br because I had over two years of documentation of back pain and attempts to alleviate it.
I am currently considering a lift if I can afford it.
oh and I was a 44ddd and dh did mention once (after a couple of drinks) that he would miss his big girls, but being the class guy he is has managed to turn his affections to the new smaller girls quite nicely.

Congrats!!! My only regret was I didn’t do it WAY before I did! My insurance covered it too and you don’t even HAVE to have all that other stuff documented. Usually the Dr’s word and the pictures (yeah, posed for topless photos!) are enough.

I got mine done a bit over two years ago now. I was a G, now I’m a D/DD. I desperately wanted to be a C, but they just couldn’t make them smaller without screwing up blood flow to the remaining tissue. My back and neck are much better since I got it done and I no longer feel like I have a cat sleeping on my chest, unless the cat is actually sleeping on me :smiley:

Met my doctor today to discuss. Got myself a referral to a surgeon. Should call within the next week or two to go to the next step hopefully.

How are you feeling maxxtrot?

OP sending you a pm

what is it with men and breasts??

Good to know I started off on the right foot with my bf. Since we’ve been together (about 2 years), I have made it VERY clear that I will get rid of these one day. He grumbles about it, but he also knows what I mess my back is and that it will make me more comfortable, confident, and happy.

How are you doing maxxtrot? It sounds like your recovery is really quick! Is it still the 6 weeks until you can really pick stuff up?

Please report back and let us know the difference in how your body feels. I’m really curious.

I have been back to work for 2 weeks now and I’m an equine vet tech. it was 3 weeks post surgery Friday the 11th. I feel great, no headaches since surgery(I had migraines)I have had no problems with lifting at all and am going to start back riding this week. they say I healed really quickly. but I always have,:slight_smile:

No kidding eh Tiffany?

I finally got my hubby to tell me what the problem is after my doctor appt to get a referral. He knows I’m serious now that I took that first step. It’s sort of like that’s what God gave me and it is all part of what makes me me. And, apparently, that shouldn’t be messed with. And, to be fair, he says he’d feel the same way if I we’re thinking of doing the opposite. I can appreciate that. Along the same lines, I had a bf once who didn’t want me to remove a small mole I have beside my nose. It makes me who I am. I never did remove it. Got lazy and it’s not any cause for concern.

So, he doesn’t agree with it, but will support me and help me with recovery if I choose to keep going with this. Weird feeling since it’s the first thing in 11 years we haven’t been completely in sync with. Shrug.

maxttrot so glad you are healing up well! Let us know how your first ride goes. I know I’m very curious about that step! :slight_smile:

Jenn