Unlimited access >

Some tenderness amidst the madness

These photos were emailed to me from a friend. The source was just said to be someone from Australia.

I though as animal lovers we could use the warm and fuzzy feelings about now.

“The older I get, the better I used to be, but who the heck cares!”

lol!! those are great and sooo adorable. Thank you for sharing those pictures. They brightened my day a little.

I love them! Thanks for sharing and bringing a little bit of love into such a tragic week.

Just what I needed. Thanks, Cactuskate!

Thanks for the sweet pix. Any chance of posting the one of the sleeping rescue worker with his dog? I’d love to see that.

These photos were emailed to me from a friend. The source was just said to be someone from Australia.

I though as animal lovers we could use the warm and fuzzy feelings about now.

ME TOO! That picture of the rescuer with his dog is too good. I would love to have that in print. I guess we should scour the wire photos. Hmmmm. It has to be out there somewhere.

I’m glad people are enjoying these huggy-feely pictures. We sure need a break now and then.

One of my cats is quite ill. Ever since she became sick, Pepper (my dog) has let her sleep on the bed with us. To see them vying to get as close to my face as they can is a sight, I would think. I wish I could have gotten a picture of them both on top of me, with Dumpling (my kitty) kneading poor Pepper!!! He just gave me this pained expression, as if to say, “Do I have to still be nice to her even though she’s obviously torturing me?”.

Here is a picture of Pepper with my old Remmie.

Hope you enjoy…

Thank you for all these sweet pictures! They certainly brought a smile to my face.

I was looking for a picture of the sleeping rescue worker with his dog, but couldn’t find it (at least yet) unfortunately.

I did find this photo of President Bush meeting one of the valiant search dogs in New York City. Having a black Lab myself, it definitely gave me a lump in my throat.

God bless all those wonderful dogs, and the work they are doing!

Thank you, Cactuskate - those were adorable. Now, if only my cats could start liking one another

Awwww, those are just too adorable. Thanks for sharing!

~~Erin B~~
“Whatever tomorrow brings I’ll be there, with open arms and open eyes.” -Incubus
“If I could tell the world just one thing it would be that we’re all OK, and not to worry 'cause worry is wasteful and useless in times these. I won’t be made useless, I won’t be idle with despair.” -Jewel

Tuxwink, too precious. That’s the dog look isn’t it Duffy. The one that says, “But Mooommmm, the cat is going to touch MEEEE!”

dublin, I love the look in the man’s face behind Bush and the fact that it looks like the dog is about ready to give Bush a big ol’ kiss. See his little tongue?