Unlimited access >

someone currently watching GP -please post updates

or pls post a link to someone tweeting them

:slight_smile:

(I have the live scoring but looking for some brief playby play commentary)

I CAN’T FIND LIVE SCORING. What is worse, I have had it but now I don’t… the site is a hot mess.

http://www.normandy2014.com/live/2/dressage

Have tea and next horse is up.

Thanks. I have that link. Looking for some contemporaneous color commentary
rather than just 'next horse is up" LOL;). It was something people used to do here on Coth during the big comps. Anyone remember that?

ETA trivial aside -they really ought to do something about the fact that their 6s look exactly EXACTLY like 8s.

Pastor eliminated, lame.

Ok THANKS

Now :)we want to know in particular details about legolas and valegro ,etc. Please.

Steffen had a rough ride (for him). Mistakes in the 1-tempis, a poor transition from canter to trot. It was mostly clean but lacking in brilliance (imo). Still good for a 75.843.

That puts the US in 3rd for the Team Comp, but Charlotte hasn’t gone yet for the Brits so I’m betting we wind up in 4th.

Fassaert bobble in the ones.

quite a difference of opinions ( placing rank) in the judges on Legolas

Thanks so much for updates, YAY

I see Steffen is currently sitting at 6th for the moment with a score of 74.843 ETA or is that wrong- seeing a different score posted above by kadenz.

If you’re going to show a PRE or Lusitano, it better be able to fart butterflues.

[QUOTE=Crockpot;7731526]
Thanks so much for updates, YAY

I see Steffen is currently sitting at 6th for the moment with a score of 74.843 ETA or is that wrong- seeing a different score posted above by kadenz.[/QUOTE]

I’m seeing 75.843 on the live scoring. Not sure if that was the provisional score or what. http://www.normandy2014.com/live/2/dressage

ETA: a 74.843 wouldn’t put him in 6th. He’d be below Painted Black & Verdades if that were his score.

[QUOTE=Kadenz;7731508]
Steffen had a rough ride (for him). Mistakes in the 1-tempis, a poor transition from canter to trot. It was mostly clean but lacking in brilliance (imo). Still good for a 75.843.

That puts the US in 3rd for the Team Comp, but Charlotte hasn’t gone yet for the Brits so I’m betting we wind up in 4th.[/QUOTE]

Looks like Charlotte and Valegro only need a very average (for them!!) ride to bump the U.S. off of the podium.

[QUOTE=Kadenz;7731555]
I’m seeing 75.843 on the live scoring. Not sure if that was the provisional score or what. http://www.normandy2014.com/live/2/dressage

ETA: a 74.843 wouldn’t put him in 6th. He’d be below Painted Black & Verdades if that were his score.[/QUOTE]

well that’s fine. I have been following the live scoring so perhaps saw a provisional score. I dunno. :slight_smile:

On FEI-TV coverage, they just said that Charlotte needs a 76.66 (I think that’s what I heard!) to move Great Britain into 3rd place. Sounds difficult, but for them, I guess that’s very doable!

Day2 morning dressage session uploaded. PM for links

[QUOTE=hoopoe;7731513]
quite a difference of opinions ( placing rank) in the judges on Legolas[/QUOTE]

I noticed several horses for whom there was a significant difference in the placing rank. Patrick Kittel was also ranked quite differently by some of the judges.

The top few riders seem to have more consistent placings amongst the various judges. The same seems to be true of the riders at the bottom of the ranking.

The ones towards the bottom of the top 10 have some interesting variations.
Steffen, currently ranked 8th, is the first horse for whom we see significant ranking differences:

(5.) 76.100
(9.) 72.800
(18.) 75.800
(8.) 73.700
(14.) 74.800
(6.) 78.500
(5.)

The next few after him also seem top have similar issues. Has anyone ever seen this sort of phenomena discussed in official articles by judges?

Charlotte 85.214% - SILVER for GB !

Charlotte and Valegro…85.271!! Move Great Britain into silver medal position!

Wow. can’t wait to watch the video. :slight_smile: