Unlimited access >

Southern California Saddle Fitters w/ Experience w/ Kissing Spines - Recommendations

Hey - Looking to buy a saddle and I want to hook up with a dressage saddle fitter in the San Diego area that can help me navigate the purchase and saddle fitting process. Hoping to find someone who has kissing spines experience and knows how to fit to accommodate ( have to preface I know I am not looking for a cure - I am working with my vet and team of acupuncturist / chiropractic / etc and trainer to build top line etc). They can be associated with a brand, but they have to be a saddle fitter first.

Will most likely have to purchase a used saddle bc my budget is around $3500. If anyone knows of someone with good experience with fitting saddles for horses of this condition in the San Diego or Southern California area, please let me know, thank you.

Karen Loshbaugh is fantastic, and located in the San Diego area. I know of a few people who have gotten great used saddles through her and had fantastic service. When my 3 year old is ready for his “grown up” saddle I will call her first.

Also this symposium just came across my feed - it sounds like it would be interesting to you, covering KS, saddle fit, back pain, rehab… Sept 25 in Vista.

Alis Carbone with Custom is fantastic. Maybe she can recommend someone else if she can’t do anything but Custom.

I use Terri Zambrana in LA. She reps Trilogy, but she also does independent fittings as well.

[QUOTE=Greypolopony;8826062]
I use Terri Zambrana in LA. She reps Trilogy, but she also does independent fittings as well.[/QUOTE]

Another vote for Terri; she’s excellent.

[QUOTE=right horse at the right time;8826034]
Alis Carbone with Custom is fantastic. Maybe she can recommend someone else if she can’t do anything but Custom.[/QUOTE]

I was going to suggest Alis as well. She fits other saddles, too, and may even have some with her if someone has asked her to sell a saddle when they got a new saddle. What impresses me about her is with both horses I tried saddles for more than an hour… and ended up in the first saddle she picked. She can just tell what will work for tree for the horses and rider conformation.

ETA: I tried so many because we were specifically looking for saddles which would enable more correct riding for me, and because of my specific issues meant they couldn’t be as comfortable - my body wants me to sit in a chair seat.

Alis Carbone! Excellent fitter with an excellent eye!

I was also going to suggest Karen Loshbaugh as well. She is fantastic and I highly recommend her!

The best person I’ve found is Tina Hoover. https://www.facebook.com/TinaHooverSaddleFitter/?ref=page_internal She is also an event rider. I’ve not seen many others who actually know how a saddle should fit, and how a ride actually needs to sit. They get trained by “their brand” and that’s all they know.

While I don’t know Karen Loshbaugh personally, the whole Art2Ride thing with Will Faber is a very large question mark.

[QUOTE=digihorse;8827493]
The best person I’ve found is Tina Hoover. https://www.facebook.com/TinaHooverSaddleFitter/?ref=page_internal She is also an event rider. I’ve not seen many others who actually know how a saddle should fit, and how a ride actually needs to sit. They get trained by “their brand” and that’s all they know.

While I don’t know Karen Loshbaugh personally, the whole Art2Ride thing with Will Faber is a very large question mark.[/QUOTE]

I second this recommendation, Tina is great! She won’t try to sell you on “her brand” like some of the others. I have friends that use Alis and like her as well…

[QUOTE=Dune;8828302]
I second this recommendation, Tina is great! She won’t try to sell you on “her brand” like some of the others. I have friends that use Alis and like her as well…[/QUOTE]

A few years ago I saw my dream saddle for sale on Horseclicks. Brown County Connection, forward flaps, SR panels, MN tree. It was Tina’s saddle. She let me have it on trial, and then she came to check the fit. I loved the saddle. Looved it. But she wouldnt’ sell it to me because it didn’t fit my horse. I used her as a fitter after that, until she moved to the San Diego area.

So yes, she’s good. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Bristol Bay;8828503]
A few years ago I saw my dream saddle for sale on Horseclicks. Brown County Connection, forward flaps, SR panels, MN tree. It was Tina’s saddle. She let me have it on trial, and then she came to check the fit. I loved the saddle. Looved it. But she wouldnt’ sell it to me because it didn’t fit my horse. I used her as a fitter after that, until she moved to the San Diego area.

So yes, she’s good. :)[/QUOTE]

Yes, she’s the real deal!!!

[QUOTE=Greypolopony;8826062]
I use Terri Zambrana in LA. She reps Trilogy, but she also does independent fittings as well.[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much for your recommendation. I randomly ran into her booth today at LAEC and have her scheduled to come out on Wednesday. She’s located only 15 minutes from my barn and seemed very knowledgeable. :slight_smile: