Unlimited access >

Southern California Timothy or Timothy/Orchard Mix Hay

Bumping to see if there are still takers

I am bumping this because feed prices are out of control. I pay 28.00 for Timothy and I have room to store a ton but not at that price. I also buy bagged shavings… need a better price as well.

I am in So Cal and wanted to know if anyone is still sharing loads?

I can only feed Timothy because my horses have allergies to Orchard, Bermuda and Oat hays… Go figure.

Look forward to hearing any ideas…

What part of So Cal? Timothy by me is way cheaper than that right now. Prices dropped (thankfully) from last year.

Inland Empire (Norco/Corona/Mira Loma)

I did my hay pick up on Saturday and the place was packed since people often drive down from all over and wanted to get in before the rains.

I am less than an hour from Norco. I would drive there no problem. I did find Timothy near me for 23.99 a bale. Not the greatest stuff however.

Thank you for the info…

Decent Timothy is currently $22 per bale cash at Paramount Cubing Co in Paramount CA

[QUOTE=doublesstable;4624219]
I am bumping this because feed prices are out of control. I pay 28.00 for Timothy and I have room to store a ton but not at that price.
Look forward to hearing any ideas…[/QUOTE]

DblSSS,
I just bought 30 bales of Timothy at 22.95 per bale from Cantrell’s Feed Bin
in Walnut/Rowland Hts. They are easily accessable off the 60 freeway. They also will deliver at no charge. It is better than the last load I purchased from San Dimas at higher prices, imho.

Yes, please post when you find places for Timothy in So. Calif. It is getting
to be WAY to expensive, and we all need to check out the options available!

:slight_smile: J

I just bought some timothy hay from Paramount cubing (aka Rhomberg mills) and it isn’t the greatest quality. I am thinking it is a second cutting - it had a lot of brown leaf in it and was very stringy. My horse is extremely picky, but he is eating it OK. The other horses seem to eat it as well though without gusto. Their orchard looked better on the other hand.

I wish I could store more hay - but my feed room only allows for 15 or so bales. I wish I could buy it in bigger quantities!

Hi all! Has anyone considered using teff/tiffany grass hay? I am in Yucaipa [near Redlands–check out All Seasons in Calimesa] and the price of teff is now $16.50/bale. Tests very similar to timothy and the horses love it. It can be grown in hot, dry climates, so we are getting it from Blythe/Imperial Valley and Arizona. Also available in pellets. In NORCO, talk to Linda’s ~ they are very knowledgeable.
Barb in Yucaipa, CA

Need Hay In Southern California?

I previously used to own some horses and I needed a few bails here and there. I live in Brawley, CA, and I got all of my hay from Imperial Hay Sales, Inc. in Westmorland, CA. They ship to pretty much all of southern California, but it’s probably in larger quantities (I’d assume, at least). Hit them up on their website, www.imperialhaysales.com I definitely recommend them because of their customer service and their overall attitude towards new customers. The owner, Tom Gray, is a pretty nice guy who wont bs you and knows his stuff. Like I said, hit them up on their website for more information, I wouldn’t want to give direct numbers or addresses in case they change in the future and I’d have to come back and edit this post later, all their info on the site’s kept up to date.

Hi all… :slight_smile:

I would love to, but I’m still 2 1/2 hours south. Boo! I just calculated a ton of OG would end up being $14/bale.

[QUOTE=doublesstable;4624219]
I am bumping this because feed prices are out of control. I pay 28.00 for Timothy and I have room to store a ton but not at that price. I also buy bagged shavings… need a better price as well.

I am in So Cal and wanted to know if anyone is still sharing loads?

I can only feed Timothy because my horses have allergies to Orchard, Bermuda and Oat hays… Go figure.

Look forward to hearing any ideas…[/QUOTE]

Where at??

Organic Timothy Grass

Our barn stored, organic Timothy Grass is grown by a well known Amish family in Colorado.

Our hay is cut, raked and baled with Percheron horse drawn machinery. This process prevents contamination from exhaust or chemicals found in conventionally made hay.

Our Timothy Grass grows at a high altitude of 8000’, with cold nights and all natural nitrogen, creating a higher protein.

Our Timothy is slow growing and cut young, once per year, making it highly palatable.

We are proud of our Timothy hay and offer an analysis upon request.

Pick up at $15/bale or delivery available.

The Green Oasis
3531 E Telegraph Rd
Fillmore, Ca 93015
Kessa 407 963 1768

[QUOTE=Little Indian;2980796]
Does anybody know of a good dealer who will ship in somewhat smaller quantities (think 20 bales max) for preferably a lot under $21.00 a bale??
21 is the lowest I have found from feed stores in the area and the hay needs to be delivered to zip 91307.[/QUOTE]