Unlimited access >

Spam this post with your fave Probiotics/Prebiotics

For US peeps (because I’m in a few FB groups and they all seem to be from the UK🤦🏻‍♀️)
Tell me about your favorite probiotic and/or prebiotic product and why.

I currently give a Probios soft chew treat at each meal. Equiotic packet at PM. And randomly I’ve had him on SmartPak probiotics.

We’re coming off an intensive 5 weeks of ulcer treatment (with omeprazole/sucralfate/misoprostol) and I’d like to find one pro/pre that works to help with stressful situations. He’ll taper down to a quarter tube omeprazole for a bit. And he’s remaining on sucralfate for another few weeks.

I think they deliver to the US.

Herbs for Horses Probios Plus out of Ontario, Canada.

They have worked for me multiple times to fix persistent diarrhea.

1 Like

I agree with Scribbler, HFH Probioplus is awesome. I also like Mad Barn Optimum Digestive Health pellets. Equine Choice did nothing for my mare.

1 Like

I would add that if you want to boost up your HFH Probios Plus, a good YeeSac is an excellent prebiotic.YeeSac is a strain of yeast with European research behind it, can be made by different brands.

1 Like

I swear by Forco for a prebiotic. Mine had some ulcer/ colic issues about a year and a half ago but hasn’t had anything since she’s been on the stuff. My barn buys it in bulk and has all the seniors on it too and they have diarrhea the minute they go off it. I think it’s mnufactured or based in our state but a lot of the vets out here all recommend it. And it’s affordable which doesn’t hurt!

1 Like

Platinum balance

1 Like