Unlimited access >

Spanish Language Horse Care Reference for Grooms???

I have a new barn man that I really like, as he really handles the horses well and seems to have good instincts, but his language barrier with me worries me a bit. Google translate only goes so far! Does anyone have a good basic guide to recommend in Spanish? I’d like lots of photos that could help me find the right page to hand him, etc. Thanks for any recommendation!

maybe?

http://horsewords.com/products.htm

:smiley:
Here’s the ones I would need:

Q:Can you help me find the hypodermic needle I just lost in the straw?
A:¿Puede ayudarme a encontrar la aguja hipodérmica perdí en la paja?

Q:Could you please find my cell phone and call my ICE number?
A:¿Puedes encontrar mi celular y llame a mi número ICE por favor?

Q:Can I borrow a Xanax?
A:¿me prestas un Xanax?

Q:Would you mind walking my horse while I am in traction for six months?
A:¿Te importaría caminar mi caballo mientras estoy en tracción durante seis meses.

I’m sure I’ll think of some more…

I was about to offer to help but that book and poster are pretty awesome looking and way more comprehensive than anything I could do!

[QUOTE=DancingArabian;7276328]
I was about to offer to help but that book and poster are pretty awesome looking and way more comprehensive than anything I could do![/QUOTE]

I agree with this.

I have an amazing man that works for me. When he started his English wasn’t very good and those two things really helped us. Along with a lot of charades!
He took English classes and now speaks a lot more English and understands quite a bit more.

There are several decent references. I also suggest having a Spanish/English dictionary on hand and use it. And, amazingly, sometimes having him WRITE his thoughts or questions make it easier. The guy I used to have help me would sometimes clarify things with me by writing them on the whiteboard. It helped, a lot. (He’d also write the Spanish words I was struggling with that he couldn’t think of an English word for so it would be easier for me to find).

If you have an android phone, the talking translator app is great, and has a free version that works fine for me.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.greenleaf.android.translator.enes.a