Unlimited access >

Spin-off from dressage forum: best noise cancelling ear bonnets

These just became legal for us this year and I think my 5 yo would really benefit as she is noise-reactive. What are your faves/what works best? Bonus if it comes in lots of colors!

Any have a Mattes one from Hufglocken? How is it? I have Mattes show pads in my barn colors, I might order a matching bonnet for shows.

I bought the Le Mieux one recently. Have only used it once, but horsey did not react to snow sliding off the roof of the indoor, which usually drives her crazy, so I’m happy with it so far. Have yet to try it on a windy day, which was my other main reason for getting it - our indoor is very creaky and rattly on windy days.

Big fan of the Schockemohle ones, and the Equifits.

One of the women at my barn has one of the le mieux ones and it seems to work great!

I love my Equifit silent bonnet. My spooky horse doesn’t even notice when snow and ice are flying off the indoor roof. A must have for New England winters!

2 Likes

Cannot recommend the Equifit SilentFit bonnet enough. I hacked my super trail horse/jumper at a show one morning sans bonnet and she was HIGH. Later when I went to show with the bonnet, she was a lamb. She loves it & seems to really focus with it on. Plus I love how sharp it looks. I bought it with navy blue leather trim and no Equifit logo.