Unlimited access >

Spin-off: full seat schooling tights (with silicone) that are NOT compressive - and have some give

I’ve got 5 or 6 pairs of these. Not the leggings but the breeches. Nice enough for show, no compression, and very comfortable. I can wear them all day and not feel like I want to peel them off immediately after I get off the horse like I do with other brands. And the price can’t be beat.

Here’s the link:

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=hr+farms+womens+full+seat+breeches&crid=32I7V4373FJLQ&sprefix=HR+farm%2Caps%2C535&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-doa-p_4_7

I LOVE my two pairs of these from Lemieux: https://www.lemieuxproducts.com/us/new-in/summer-pull-on-breech-bluebell#selection.color=6639

Also, the pockets are amazing and I want them in every pair of pants I own.

Pipers… are VERY sticky. They are also on the heavy side (thick material) which made them very uncomfortable on hot days. Sausage casing… yes, they can be.
I didn’t really like them, so quit wearing them and can’t comment on how long the silicone lasted. I would not buy again.

These look really nice (and the price is good!), but they do appear - at least on the model - to be on the compressive side.

Thanks for the input on the Pipers @Obsidian_Fire! Will stay away from them.

@Spudsmyguy - I think I’ll bit the bullet and order a pair of the tights off Amazon - the price IS right! (BTW - I got the Kerrits half chaps at your recommendation - LOVE them!) :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I second the Amazon tights! I’m going in year 4 of abusing mine and they’re still going strong. As far as the Free Rides, I find that the Lux are semi-compressive but the Define have a lot more stretch and give. I’m a fan of compression so they’re not my favorites, but they might be right up your alley.

For what it’s worth I don’t find them to be compressive for my body (they fit similar to my normal leggings and I can wear them all day), but that’s always such a hard thing to gauge, it is so dependent on body shape!

In the fall they go on clearance–at least they did last year and that’s how I got my first pair–if you want to keep an eye open for that, might be more worth the risk then :slight_smile:

1 Like

Do you find the seam in the crotch bothersome at all? Some of the tights I find an issue with that lol

I don’t find an issue with these–and that is something that has bothered me with other brands, for what that’s worth!

Thank you! Glad you understood what I meant hahaha

Sorry you had a bad experience with Tuff Rider. I was just coming on to say that I have a pair of winter fleece-lined and a lightweight summer Minerva tight from TR, and have been pretty happy with both, for the cheap price I paid. TR seems to have a short inseam, which works for my Shetland Pony legs. Material holds its shape, but isn’t super-compressive.