spinal decompression, laser or light therapy?

Has anyone used these with success?

My 86 year old mother is having back problems and all the doctors seem to be able to do is give her pain meds and physical therapy (it was the PT that seemed to aggravate her low back.)

She has some scoliosis and stenosis in lumbar and lower thoracics. The pain makes her legs weak. So I am looking for ways to help her. She was just moved from a hospital to a nursing home for the second time this year.

central canal stenosis can be tricky with decompression, foraminal stenosis has a much higher success rate. Either way, degenerative/bone stenosis treatments tend to be temporary but helpful.

Osteoperosis (severe) is a contraindication for spinal decompression.

laser/light therapy would be safe but unlike to treat the source of the problem because it’s within a bony cage - it won’t penetrate through bone.

As someone who suffers with extreme lower back pain ( nerves ) and degenerating bones I can say that laser therapy with other treatments is slowly starting to work. I have been down the road of injections and as we all know you can only inject a joint so many times before there is nothing left to inject. I was also on very high doses of morphine just to be able to sit on my couch let alone anything else. I found old school chiropractic made things worse and suffered for a really long time. Then my husband injured his shoulder and insurance sent him to a more modern clinic and he was talking to the doctor there about my issues (I am only in my 30’s) and he convinced us both to give him a try. He looked through all of my mri’s, bone scans, xrays and anything else he could get his hands on and I went 3 times a weeks for a few months but it is slowly starting to work. He uses the laser as well as a table the moves almost like the worm to gently open things up. He has been a life saver for me. Give it a shot you never know what might work. Good luck I wouldn’t wish back pain on anyone :frowning: