Unlimited access >

Spinoff - airport and local transportation?

Well, my daughter and I got our hotel figured out and are going to be based in Hendersonville. We’re planning to share a car with another mom/daughter pair (also staying in Hendersonville at a different hotel) in order to reduce cost.

We’re coming in on different days to Charlotte … we’ll get there first and pick up the car. They are coming in a day later – our competition will have started while they’re traveling – so we’re looking for a shuttle service to bring them from the airport to Hendersonville.

Then, if we can avoid being part of the parking problem we’d like to do that (and save $20!)

1. Anyone know of a way to get from the Charlotte airport to Hendersonville?
  2. Any updates on ways to get from Hendersonville to TIEC?
  3. If we do end up parking for $20 on our first day and I need to run back to Hendersonville to pick them up, is it an additional $20 to re-park? (ouch!)

Thanks for any advice!

There is no public transport from the Charlotte airport. There are private shuttle services available (Google them) but they are so few that I think you may have a hard time securing transportation during WEG. Your best, most reliable bet, is going to be the rental car.

PS. You might check with the two hotels and see if any special WEG transport arrangements have been made.

There is a new car service in Tryon established specifically for the WEG and TIEC shows in general. I’ve never used but the family has been around the area a long time and is well thought of. It is called “Tryon Charter company” and their contact info is 828/817-2386 and tryoncharter.com They refer to themselves as “black car service” and picture black SUVs. Ads say “personal transportation to and from: Airports, Events, WEG” No idea re prices.

The website is actually tryoncharterco.com