Unlimited access >

Spinoff: Tall boots for dummies. Big feet but skinny calves and short legs...

Anywhere to find those kind of boots without having them custom made?

I used to have a pair of Dehner’s that I bought used, so I have no idea how old they were or what model (they were $10 bucks, I really didn’t care!). I wear a size 8.5/9, and have short, scrawny chicken calves. They fit me well.

Look at the Soubiracs…they have about as wide a variety of sizing options as I’ve found anywhere:

http://www.soubirac.fr/

[QUOTE=Canaqua;7206481]
Look at the Soubiracs…they have about as wide a variety of sizing options as I’ve found anywhere:

http://www.soubirac.fr/[/QUOTE]
Sacre bleu! Those french don’t take it easy on the prices! I can get custom boots made right here for half the price of what they have in that site…

Have you looked at the “slim” option size chart for Ariat? I think Tredstep my have an option as well. Dover saddlery usually has the size charts online.

I second the Ariats, do you have a tack shop nearby where you can try some on? They do have a decent range or foot vs shaft sizes.
Although one thing I’ve found with Ariat is that their slims are REALLY slim in some models. Like 12 year old string bean girl slim.
And their foot sizes can trend towards more narrow feet. That may depend on which style though, not sure.

Have you thought about buying a pair that fits in the foot and having a cobbler take in the leg for you? That might work for your budget if you find a pair of very affordable boots and a nearby cobbler.

[QUOTE=MistyBlue;7207486]
I second the Ariats, do you have a tack shop nearby where you can try some on? They do have a decent range or foot vs shaft sizes.
Although one thing I’ve found with Ariat is that their slims are REALLY slim in some models. Like 12 year old string bean girl slim.
And their foot sizes can trend towards more narrow feet. That may depend on which style though, not sure.

Have you thought about buying a pair that fits in the foot and having a cobbler take in the leg for you? That might work for your budget if you find a pair of very affordable boots and a nearby cobbler.[/QUOTE]

Actually, i’m thinking of swinging by a shop that has sales going on and see if i can try a few more pairs, dunno if they sell Ariat there but i’ll keep a look out. The cobbler that does custom boots for the people at my barn should probably be willing to work with me. I just have to find out how much he charges.

Just in case the cobbler that services your barn sounds expensive…also check for other ones in the area. Horse people will pay more for altering riding boots than the general public will pay for altering or repairing fashion boots or work boots. The ones that don’t often work with horse people usually charge a lot less. :wink:

Good luck shopping!