Unlimited access >

Spruce Meadows Masters Tournament

Spruce Meadows is allowing limited spectators this weekend for the Masters….2000 tickets sold per day (I scored for Friday and Sunday). Proof of vaccine must be shown for everyone 12 and over, (under 12 masks), masks to be worn except while eating, no contact with riders, pub is closed but there are some concessions open! $25 per person per day……I am very much looking forward to this and happy they’re letting a very limited number in to watch!

For those unable to attend, they have live streaming in all the rings, just under $20 per week and is accessible to all countries! And I believe Cbc is also televising the weekend!

4 Likes

Wish I could click my (boot) heels and magically be there. Went three times and loved it. Such a grand competition in a beautiful setting. Of course the concessions and food were great, too. Glad they can still have it with COVID precautions. Have a blast and take photos!

1 Like

Weren’t they doing a free live stream from the main ring? Did that change?

They changed it this year when they went into their “bubble “…. As if yesterday they weren’t even allowing spectators at all and then last night we got an email saying they were allowing limited tickets for this final weekend!

Cool! Have fun!

They usually look like they have a huge crowd in the stands. What is their normal number of spectators there?

For this weekend, it’s normal to have about 20,000 for the Friday night and for Saturday and Sunday it will go above 75,000. (It’s why you’ll see people sitting on the bank etc, that is normally used for the derby during the other tournaments when they may only draw a crowd of 30,000 LOL)

Calgarians love Spruce Meadows, and even though we are a “western city” with a huge rodeo culture, people are very knowledgeable about show jumping and the sport is insanely popular! Add in, on a normal year, it’s only $5 admission….and that’s if you drive! I live across the highway and normally just walk-in for free. This year people were devastated when we originally thought we weren’t going to be allowed in at all!

1 Like

Wow. 2000 sounds like a much more manageable number to me. Lol.

Have a great time!!

How lucky that you live right across the street from such a fabulous event - have fun!

1 Like

Thanks I’m very lucky! Have spent many enjoyable years showing and watching (and enjoying the pub LOL) there! My current horse is also from there!

I would love to go one of these days. Have fun!

1 Like

Does anyone know if there’s a free live stream for the Nation’s Cup later?

If you are in Canada go to the main CBC website and go to the sports part. All the videos are there.

2 Likes

Unfortunately in the USA, not Canada :frowning::frowning:

It’s live on CBC….if you’re not in Canada can you set your VPN to show you’re in Canada and then You should be able to watch! They also have last nights Tourmaline cup and the ATCO 6 bar….it was a 2 way tie at 2m and it was fabulous!

https://www.cbc.ca/search?q=spruce%20meadows&section=all&sortOrder=relevance&media=all

2 Likes

For those may want a VPN, NordVPN does a 30 day free trial and has Canada as a option.

1 Like