Unlimited access >

Squeee!!! Seven days and counting!!

How come you guys aren’t more exicted!?? I am SO looking forward to this. (It may be also about getting away from school.)

It looks like the weather will be right about 80, so very nice. Not too hot and not too cold.

I am very excited! Looking forward to spending time with my Mom and meeting all of you as well. I am also a blackjack fiend.

I’m plenty excited! We upgraded our tix this time around to much better seats, so sure hope that expense will prove worth it. Went with the cheapest non-stop flights we could get, so the times are basically leaving before the crack of dawn and returning in the middle of the night, so I need to get some quality sleep before the trip begins, as I expect to be running on adrenalin.

That weather does sound perfect. I will probably pack this weekend; previously, I’ve just taken a carry-on bag, but wonder if I should check a mostly empty suitcase, hmmm? Can’t/won’t go crazy at the vendors, but want to have room for a few things.

That’s why I decided to drive the 9 hours. I could have gotten crack of dawn/midnight flghts, but this is almost less time, and this time of year the drive can be beautiful, once you get past Bakersfield.

I would just bring one bag, and if you buy too much, you can just buy something to put it in and pay to fly it, or ship it to yourself. There are enough of us with cars that will be going to Costco and Walmart for supplies that you can always get what you need.

I have stickie nametags! :slight_smile:

Good news! I may have a friend along so you guys won’t have to babysit me the entire time.

Well, you may be babysitting us! I think we’ll gather enough people that we’ll always have peeps for peeps. Six days and counting!

Very excited! And Laurie – I’m traveling solo as well unexpectedly, so we can babysit each other :slight_smile:

Must pack …

Five days and counting! Luckily I got my tires checked yesterday. Need a new one! Don’t want a blow out in the Mojave!

I think we have enough people traveling solo and in pairs and with cars to sort of group up together and hang and travel around. I know Emily is coming in alone, too.

[QUOTE=mbd;8098086]
Very excited! And Laurie – I’m traveling solo as well unexpectedly, so we can babysit each other :slight_smile:

Must pack …[/QUOTE]

Good! Both my friends aren’t going now. Are you on the FB invite yet? If so tell me your name on there.

I have my little name tags already packed. Besides Laurie and Emily, who use their names in here, I will be completely confused, so need markers of COTh and real life names. :slight_smile:

Four more sleepless nights…

For me! :lol:. We leave NC Tuesday afternoon and I Know there will be little sleep before then. I’m so excited I’m tingling. Saddened that one of our group can’t attend, but it’s me, my trainer and her 17yr old daughter…who actually gets to count this as excused absences from school. Whoop whoop! Time is almost here! :winkgrin::winkgrin:

http://www.noellefloyd.com/fei-release-complete-horse-list-for-the-201415-longines-fei-world-cup-final-in-las-vegas/

The horse list has finally released! There are definitely a few I’m sad aren’t jumping but I’m excited to see some of the riders new mounts.

My friend and I arrive Thursday in time for the jumping. Hope to meet some of you guys in person!

I’m so excited I feel like a kid going to Disney for the first time. Everyone I know/speak to is going. Its going to be like dressage summer camp. I’m there Thurs,Fri & Sat. Aside from a few meetings to potentially buy horses, I’m game for socializing, drinking and gambling with whoever needs a friend.

I know. I was at a show this weekend, riding Saturday and helping Sunday. I was talking to Jane Weatherwax who was there coaching and she was going–there’s going to be an international judge’s conference. Almost every person at the show is heading out. :slight_smile:

Can’t wait. I’m glad I’m driving. It’s making it a whole thing. A lot of us are at the Alexis Park, and a lot of other people I know are at the Hard Rock. They’ll be a lot of us walking to the T@M.

We are staying off the strip, at Staybridge Suites on Dean Martin Road (no, I’m not kidding). We’ll drive to T & M, and can pick up those needing rides if the shuttles are dicey.

Vegas bound TOMORROW! I’m so excited, I can barely stand myself. :stuck_out_tongue:

How funny, I rode with Jane on Sunday at a clinic and we were talking about the World cup too. I’m guessing you were at the CDS show? I usually volunteer for those but couldn’t because of this clinic. I bet we’ve met somewhere and not realised it!

This is going to be the longest week for me leading up to thursday.

I am half really worried about whether I should be going and leaving my husband at home to “man the ship”, and half SUPERDUPERPOOPER excited to be going. I’m going to be like a little kid.

Out of here at oh-dark-thirty tomorrow morning with ETA into Vegas 1100! Little down time at South Point before gearing up for Wednesday. PM here or on the Facebook event page if anyone else is at South Point or would like to get together Tuesday night or Wednesday morning. I’m traveling solo and the DH is cracking up at how excited I am to go gawk at pretty horses.

Laurie – I have your contact info in my phone and PM’d you on FB mine.

Tick tock!

[QUOTE=EmilyF;8102200]
How funny, I rode with Jane on Sunday at a clinic and we were talking about the World cup too. I’m guessing you were at the CDS show? I usually volunteer for those but couldn’t because of this clinic. I bet we’ve met somewhere and not realised it![/QUOTE]

I rode Saturday and helped Sunday. I’m sure we have. We both know Tucker! (He’s still being a butt.)