Unlimited access >

Stall cameras

Hi there. Can anyone recommend a good brand for a stall camera that
1.) is moveable easily from stall to stall. It’s primary use would be if one was inside for the night with a colic.
2.) connects to an app on my phone so it can be seen from anywhere
3.) is reasonably priced

We have fantastic wifi in the barn so that’s a plus.

Thank you in advance

I’ve been happy with Night Owl. I have an 8 camera system and while they are each screwed in place, it wouldn’t be much to move one if I needed to. They all plug in (not battery powered), but are wireless and connect to the internet via wifi. Great image quality day and night. I check cameras on an app from my phone (too often, haha!).

it may be possible to mount these to a magnetic base

1 Like

We just got a Reolink Argus 3 Pro and have been happy with it. It’s being used at campsites with the RV. I’m not sure I’d permanently mount it in a barn, if it would hold up to the dust and weather, but for temporary use it should be fine, and it wasn’t that expensive.

I’ve been super impressed with my Eufy camera, it’s really far superior to my Arlos. Note that some require a base station that plugs into your router, and some connect to your WiFi.

For “reasonably priced” you can’t beat Wyze.

I have the Wyze cameras at home. They would totally do what you need! Used mine to keep and eye on my dogs as they started to have have health issues inside and also have them outside for security purposes. Have yet to have one die on me. Super affordable and beyond easy to move around if needed.

I’ve been very happy with the Eufys, which I happened to get in a Costco deal. I have the “solo” ones that don’t connect to a base, they are just viewable on my phone. I have two that stay in one place for security, and then a third that I move around to see various horses in various places. I just bought an extra three bases on Amazon and attached those, and can easily move the camera from base to base.

I have a solar powered Eufy I love for outside. For the price point for occasional indoor use go with Wyze. I got one from Chewy for $39.95 to spy on my dogs too ;). Great little camera. Easy to set up. Good resolution at night/dark. Does need plug in to an outlet.

I used Wyze cameras in my stalls. Definitely can’t beat the price!

We have Zmodo, 4 camera pack was $140? We have them in the barn and house.

We have Blink cameras in the barn. If you have good wifi these are awesome and affordable. Just buy the outdoor cameras as they hold up to the barn dust and have the night vision.

They go to the phone app…you can also get these twisty type holders where you can attach by wrapping around an object and then being able to move to a different location as needed. We have some cameras set up with the permanent holders and some with the flex twist holders that we can move around to different stalls. The night images are good, have audio (both ways) and you can set them to do motion detection at different times.

1 Like

We use NetVue’s indoor/outdoor cameras. We just zip tie them up.