Stallion for TB Mare

I have a TB (JC registered) mare that I am looking to breed to a stallion with Jumper qualities to produce a foal for Show Jumping. I want the foal to be able to register under one of the breed registrations such as KWPN, ISH, ZANG, etc…, but I am unsure what studbooks/breed registrations will allow the foal to be registered if the dam is 100% TB. From my research I believe I could do KWPN-approved stallion or ISH, but wanted to get other peoples opinions.

I have attached her pedigree

Hi there!
I don’t have any personal experience with breeding but I have been following Shelby Dennis (sdequus) on social media for many years and she has a homebred. Blueprint MSH aka Banksy is by Banderas and out of In Fine Fashion (JC registered). He was registered as GOV and even received a premium award at his inspection!
Recently, she got her mare Fast Bid aka Harlow (also JC registered) approved for breeding into the GOV’s main mare book.
Just to be clear, this is not advice on which stallion or even studbook to choose, but just so you know about the option for GOV registration :slight_smile:

For most WB registries the mare would need to be inspected and approved to the mare book to register offspring.

There is a really good thread currently by @endlessclimb about her TB mare being inspected, you could check that out if you are interested.

That said, what kind of qualifies would like to improve upon your mare?

1 Like