Unlimited access >

Stallion Recommendations? BWP

Pedigree

Backed her late, as in this past November, and the brain is great! I was worried about work ethic with such a late start but she’s actually proven to be one of the most pleasant creatures I’ve ridden in a long time, despite being bloody massive at over 17hh. Not much about her I’d improve but as I’m using a surrogate (hoping to compete, COVID willing, this year), I’d like to not add size. As I’m planning to sell, I’d like to know what’s marketable and what would work well with a high % blood (41%?), lots of C-line Holsteiner in it too.

Emerald is a bit bigger but would be a nice cross and would also be commercial. He is good with blood mares. Diarado is quite commercial and wouldn’t add size, he needs a bigger mare. Kafka v/d Heffinck is looking like a promising sire and I don’t think he is too big. Reports are he has a really great temperament and he is quite lovely. His oldest crop is only 7 though.

Ahh, I like the idea of Emerald, apparently he really stamps his babies as very rideable and balanced. Thank you! I got a lot of people recommending Big Star, but… bloody everyone is making Big Star babies and I was hoping to be a bit more clever matching the mare to something that wasn’t just “Big Olympic Dude”

I’d also have a look at the Emerald son Escape Z. He is on the smaller side with some blood and although his offspring are young he seems to stamp them too. Out of the same mare as Untouchable 27. I’m actually considering him for my mare.

1 Like