Unlimited access >

Stallion suggestions for 18 hand 1.45 FEI mare

I am looking to breed my mare. Her name is Fierte D’Edouard Joly, Sire: Ogano Sitte
Dam: Dizzy Van Den Bisschop, Sire of Dam: Clinton

Top three images (grey horse) are her http://www.photobujard.com/photoshop?sa=2672&p=2

My mare did 1.45 in Europe (and has 3, 1.60 grandparents). She’s HUGE, almost 18.1. She has blood but is rideable and very willing. She has very good technique and is brave. She has a long back, which requires some maintenance and I’d like to help mitigate.

I’d like a stallion that would reduce size, is rideable and supple and balanced. In a perfect world the baby would be for me, an adult amateur jumper, but I’m not tied to that.

Looking for a jumper offspring, not hunter.

I love Casall, but it doesn’t look like you can get him in the US.

Nice mare! Have you seen her Vigo d’Arsouilles foal go? (Vamos de la Pomme D’Or) Looks like he is jumping 1.40m so that might be a nice, proven way to go if you like him.

Do you have any registry preferences? Do you know her FFS carrier status?

1 Like

Thank you–I adore her. I don’t have a registry preference. I don’t know her FFS status

I’ll take a look at that stallion. I also like Billy Mexico.

1 Like

A few other ideas:

Carambole
Casallco
Check In
Contendro I
Diarado
Balou Star
Casalido
Catoki
Escape Z
Caribis Z
Utamaro d’Ecaussines Z
Flipper D’Elle
Stakkato Gold
Tobago Z
Forlee (not sure if he is available in the US)

You might be too late to order some of these for these year, but it would be worth checking with the brokers.

1 Like

Capital Colnardo, Chaqui Z, Copycat Z, Royce, Can’t Touch This HS and Dakota VDL are some smaller/more normal sized US based options as that I can think of at the moment as well, but I’m not familiar with what they are producing.

1 Like