Unlimited access >

Stallion Suggestions for Amaretto D'arco Mare

Looking for ideas for an Amaretto D’arco/Ahorn mare.

Lovely mare with a great temperament, good bone, fairly short coupled. If anything could be improved, you might say she’s a bit weak through the stifles. Could potentially use some refinement, but it’s not absolutely necessary. Looking to produce something special for the jumpers.

Any suggestions or experience with similar breeding is appreciated!

Can you share her full pedigree? What level has she jumped herself? When you say you want something special for the jumpers are you hoping for something that will win an 2* GP? A winning high amateur horse? A potential 1.60m horse for a pro? All are very special horses but not necessarily all the same. How is her technique? How is her canter? Is she fast enough to win the modern classes right now? Are you looking for stallions available fresh or is frozen an option? Will you consider younger up and coming stallions or are you looking for a more proven option? It would help to narrow it down a little because otherwise I can give you a very long list of stallions but it will be too general to be very useful.

By Amaretto D’arco out of an Ahorn mare that jumped 1.60 with success.

Great canter, and good technique over fences but hasn’t had the chance to really prove herself higher than 1.20. Not necessarily looking to produce an amateur friendly horse but rather something with potential to go far with a pro.

Would prefer to use fresh from something that is proven, but would consider frozen for the right match.

A few fresh ideas for you, but you’ll need to look at her full pedigree to determine if they are suitable crosses, since I don’t know her dam’s pedigree.

• Jaguar van Paemel
  • Chaqui Z (if she is tall enough)
  • Diktator v/d Boslandhoeve (definitely talk to Emily and Spy Coast and see if she has other suggestions from their lineup too)
  • Utopie
  • maybe Viscount (if you think she brings a lot of scope herself)
  • Catch
  • USA Today (if she is tall enough)

If your mare is more refined than I’m imagining her to be:

• Casquino
  • Messenger VF (I thought I saw he was going to be back in NA and maybe available fresh but I could be wrong and he might be frozen only)
  • Dulf vd Bisschop