Unlimited access >

Stallion suggestions on a Sir Shutterfly mare ?

Hi guys! I’m interested in some ideas or experience you can share. A friend of mine has a Sir shutterfly x Silvio I mare and mentioned breeding her but the question is to who ? Does anyone has any ideas about a suitable stallion ? Forgot to mention that the mare competes in show jumping (very talented, great movements and scope) , so I’m asking for a suitable jumping stallion.

I’m confused. The mare’s damsire was also Silvio I? Because that’s Sir Sutterfly’s Sire…which seems like a very tight inbreed to me

Do you have a name or link to your friend’s horse?
What are her good points? Where is does she need improvement? Conformation shots?

I don’t have link nor proper photos at the moment. Sorry for that. I’m asking more out of curiosity. And yes that’s right about the inbreeding part and I kind of dislike the inbreeding part. The mare has great exterior she’s 177sm which I guess is around 17.2-3 hand I don’t know exactly. She has correct jump, nice technique, great scope. She’s also soft in the hand and light mover and jumper. But she can be hard to handle at times. She’s very calm when you handle her on the ground but when you ride her she gets tense and nervous. So maybe thebimprovement should be on her rideability…

I have a big bodied Silvio mare and am also interested in opinions. I’m at the very beginning of the search for Mr. Right.

What about Mannhattan? My 3 year old by him is pretty quiet. Talented, and a lovely mover with great form over jumps we’ve tried so far. If I were to breed her, I would be looking to add some heat though.

Mannhattan has double Furioso… it might work nicely on this mare who theoretically has multiple lines to Gotthard. My mare has Gotthard from her dam side (Goldfuerst is broodmare sire).

What about Mannhattan? My 3 year old by him is pretty quiet. Talented, and a lovely mover with great form over jumps we’ve tried so far. If I were to breed her, I would be looking to add some heat though.

Mannhattan has double Furioso… it might work nicely on this mare who theoretically has multiple lines to Gotthard. My mare has Gotthard from her dam side (Goldfuerst is broodmare sire).