Unlimited access >

Stallions going through Keeneland

Your guess is as good as mine. Snapy Halo is 18 years old. Behesht is 11.

Both stallions sold to William Nicks.

2 Likes

He has a farm in Indiana.

1 Like

I have an Invincible Spirit filly under lights who would be an incredible cross with Behest. Iā€™m not using her this year. Anyone wanna take the chance?? Oh yeah, and sheā€™s in Indiana too!

It seems that Nicks farm has them both up for sale according to their public facebook page.

It says nothing (that I can see, Iā€™m not a member of Facebook) about standing the stallions.

Just took a peek. They definitely have both for sale, not standing at stud. As you mentioned.
Their sale posts, for anyone not on FB

1 Like

Snapy Halo is such a good looking horse. Itā€™s a shame I have sworn off everything with ā€œHaloā€ in the name.

they have sold other stallions for dirt cheap in the past before as well. They do a lot of flipping cheap (but nice looking) horses who didnā€™t sell well at the big sales.

Hoping for soft landings for both of those boys. it honestly hurts my heart a bit.

2 Likes

Yup. I hope someone snaps up Behesht, and brings him to PA, Maryland or Virginia. He certainly seems like the sort that might produce steeplechasers. And he definitely would be interesting for sport breeders.

2 Likes

I might know somewhere that could be willing (and is well qualified) to manage a stallion for someone else. I donā€™t know what they charge but would believe it to be reasonable.

Behesht was sold to an Irish farm and is gone from us! https://paulickreport.com/news/bloodstock/behesht-moves-to-whytemount-stud-in-ireland/

3 Likes

Thatā€™s nice. His bloodlines should bring him more mares there.

2 Likes

Thanks for the update. I hope he gets lovely mares in Ireland and lives a long, happy and healthy life :slight_smile:

Itā€™s a loss for US breeders in my opinion (I get that heā€™s not really viable for the US Tb market - but wow, what a lovely type and pedigree and distance breedingā€¦ itā€™s sad that there isnā€™t a market for this type of Tb here). But Iā€™m glad itā€™s a good outcome for the horse.

2 Likes

Just saw that Snapy Halo is standing the 2021 season in Virginia.

3 Likes

The farm where Snapy Halo ended up is about 20 minutes from me. Itā€™s an absolutely beautiful place! Iā€™m intrigued that the new owner plans to bring in more stallions. It would be pretty amazing if he gets one that Iā€™m interested in breeding to so I donā€™t have to haul my mare to KY!

5 Likes

This is some nice news!

6 Likes

They ended up buying my Invincible Spirit mare so sheā€™s heading to Snapy Halo. An A nick!

The last paragraph of that article was SHARP.

1 Like

I think that heā€™s right. I am also thrilled that the horse found a soft landing where he can actually thrive and have an opportunity to sire some nice horses.

3 Likes