Unlimited access >

Stallions that improve the hindquarters?

I’m looking for a stallion to improve the hindquarters of one of my mares. I’m breeding for dressage, but realize that I may have to go to the jumper lines to get the improvement I want. That’s OK, as long as I don’t lose to much movement in the process. Looking for deep, long hindquarters with good angles, no soft pasterns, no twisty hocks. Great temperament and trainability a must, on the quiet side OK, would prefer not too big, with a really good canter. Does not have to be a refiner, but would like good type if I can get it :slight_smile: Flexible as to registry. Also would prefer fresh semen, but again, am open to suggestions. So, does such a stallion exist in North America?

Well actually I you should look at Wolkentanz II in Canada !
Everything with Weltmeyer close has great hindlegs.
If you want to go a bit of jumper lines - Schwarzenegger also in Canada might be worth a look aswell.

We would need more infoprmation on your mare. Such as bloodlines and perhaps a photo if you are able to post one here.

You might also consider Don Principe-Donnerhall/Prince Thatch xx/Durkheim

“Prince” is noted for his strong hindquater and passing it on. He was just the USEF Champion 2013 Sire of Dressage Breeding. As well as ranked in the top 50 for performace out of almost 1200 stallions worlwide whohave offspring competing in North America.
He also produced several USDF Champions both in hand and performance in 2013.

Sorry I forgot him on the list :slight_smile:

I have a 3 year old colt by Rapture R - although dam is very nice - the hindquarters on this guy is amazing - much better than the dam.

[QUOTE=Marydell;7324183]
We would need more information on your mare. Such as bloodlines and perhaps a photo if you are able to post one here.
]

The mare is a premium Oldenburg mare by the Idocus son Olivier out of a premium mare by L.A.Baltic Sun/Grundstein/Chrysos.

Will try to figure out how to post a picture here…

OK, I tried uploading a profile photo and it uploads fine, but then disappears even after saving. There appears to be a Photo section, but no way to upload photos… so I give up. Here’s a link to a facebook photo…

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=136461553309&set=a.136460358309.109150.123976318309&type=3&theater

Balta’Czar and his full brother Aslan are known for improving hind end, using BC this spring on my TB mare for that exact reason. Not to mention he’s well known for passing on conformation soundness and great rideability