Unlimited access >

Stock Tie Pattern

I am interested in finding a seamstress to make a stock tie, but I can’t find a stock tie pattern that isn’t from this decade. Have any of you had any luck finding a pattern or am I just out of luck? Thanks in advance!

I have nothing to share except that I have been looking for one too and will be interested to see what others post! I know that suitability has one, but not sure how ancient it is in style.

Maybe bring the seamstress a stock tie like the one you want her to make and she can take it apart and make a pattern from it?

Do you have any pictures of the style you’re interested in? I’m sure it wouldn’t be hard to do.

[QUOTE=SugarAndSpite;7540952]
I know that suitability has one, but not sure how ancient it is in style.

Maybe bring the seamstress a stock tie like the one you want her to make and she can take it apart and make a pattern from it?[/QUOTE]

Ditto, re: suitability having one but no idea how in style it is. That being said, I have some other suitability patterns and they are quite clear and easy to follow so they have THAT going for them. It is (at least for me) much easier to modify an existing pattern to create what the customer wants rather than create an entirely new one based on an existing piece (although I know people that would rather start from scratch as well).

Have you tried ETSY?

I have been unimpressed with stock ties for some time and recently started making my own. I am now making them as individual artwork pieces as a hobby.
I have discovered that each person’s concept of what makes a “perfect” stock tie is entirely different. I have had great fun trying to come up with styles, fabrics, piping, and accessories to complement the fashion trends of coat colors,technical fabrics, bling, etc. The possibilites are endless.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/708804679152774/?ref=br_tf
I have one of these and they are Fabulous - they will make whatever fabric or design you want or they have styles to choose from

In my previous post, I neglected to answer the question about patterns. I found it easy to create my own patterns by examining the construction of numerous stock ties that I have accumulated over the years. I have patterns for traditional and european types and have been able to expand from those to put my own spin on them-reversible,interchangable bibs and sashes, as well as bib length modifications to cover every jacket front “V” position and bust size.
To make a pattern, I traced the parts of the type of tie that I wanted to make and added the necessary seam allowance. For first time construction of a new style, I refer back to something similar to remind me how to put the parts together. I have seen some stock ties done with no sewing-made entirely with fusible to hem and put fabric pieces together. I am not a fan of that construction, but if you do not sew, it is an option. Hope this helps.